cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax ID validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to know if anyone have tried this.

We want to be able to perform a validation on the tax id (according to the roles in the SAP ECC) at the exact moment when a supplier self-registers in the Supplier Registration (147).

Due to the different countries validations on the tax id, we would like to use directly the ECC validations on this field.

Probably with a web service or something similar… do you know if anyone tried this or do you have (better) idea?

Thank you in advance ,

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ana,

We have done a TAX ID validation based on the Vendor that is getting replicated from ECC.

We have a script which gets triggered when someone tries to create a Vendor in SAP sourcing or replicate a vendor from ECC.Please letme know your requirement in detail so that i can assist you better.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

we once did it but not using a webservice or anything. We just developed the exact same rules in Sourcing.

It is of course better to centralize this logic and I guess a webservice would do the trick. However, calling webservices in Sourcing is possible but not that simple (you would have to develop a custom JAR and deploy it on the server, everytime you do an upgrade, you would have to redeploy the JARs, changing defects in that JAR always requires a new deployment, etc.). So please be aware of this when you choose to use a webservice.

Kr,

Bram