cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help regarding RESTFUL Web service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

My Scenario is IDOC to RESTFUL Webservice (Asynchronous outbound interface). Can you please let me know that, how to consume the restful webservice in SAP PI 7.1.

Please tell me the step by step process.

Regards,

sanghamitra Duttagupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanghamitra,

RESTFUL web service follows client server architecture. Thus it accepts request and gives a response back. PI as a client needs to send the request. How you send the request using an adapter that  Amit has already answered. This is also possible without an adapter. Please follow my responses to these threads http://scn.sap.com/message/14684971#14684971

and  .

Please let me know if you need further clarification on the issue.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of the ways to integrate REST WS using SOAP AXIS, but below solution has certain limitations

IMO, best solution is to buy third party SAP certified Rest adapter and do ur integration.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have already check these two link. But Unable to find the how to consume restful webservice in SAP PI. Can to please tell me the step by step process??

Regards,

Sanghamitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all did u check the limitation part? So if, the data which u are sending is within the permissible 200 character length then only u can use soap axis otherwise u have to find other alternatives like using third party adapters or creating a custom code to call Rest WS (some time back seen a thread on that).

BTW, if u check blog properly u will notice that for Rest WS u have to send parameters in the URL which u will create using a UDF code.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava