cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to FILE asynchronous with system acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is SOAP to FILE asynchronous scenario.

The sender system is a DOT NET based application which will trigger a service exposed by PI. PI will write a file at an agreed location.

Requirement is, the sender system wants an acknowledgement/confirmation that the file has been written successfully at the target side so that they can maintain a log table at their end.

How to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How they want ack? in form of some message?

If yes, then u can use below approach, where once file is written on file server u can initiate confirmation message to ur SOAP sender in an async manner.

So ur scenario will be:

------File Receiver

Soap Sender ---

-------ACK message to SOAP sender

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3489207

OR

U can also use BPM, where u can request transport ack from File receiver adapter and then trigger ack message to soap sender.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Could you explain exactly the first approach which you mentioned. As in what configurations I need....or do I need java mapping?

Also I went through certain links, which say "the sender system has to request for an acknowledgement"....what exactly do they mean?

Thanks

Ashirbani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do it in the below way

1. Create two inbound interface for file, one for actual file and another for a dummy file.

2. Generate both the files in message mapping using multi-mapping.

3. In the interface determination choose the option 'maintain order at runtime' which will ensure that

the actual file will be created first and then dummy file.

4. Save the dummy file in a temporary directory.

Create one more async interface which will be file to SOAP and will pick the dummy file from temp directory.

Hope this is clear to you,.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all, i am keen to know how u want to send confirmation to SOAP sender? Ur sender system is gng to explicitly request ack or they want some confirmation message back?

In case of ack, u can check this:

>>Could you explain exactly the first approach which you mentioned. As in what configurations I need....or do I need java mapping?

No simple message mapping will suffice.

Indrajit has already explained u all the steps in case u want to send message back to sender system but IMO, instead of doing multimapping u can create 2 different mappings and at ID level maintain order at runtime checkbox  In addition to that u can directly send message to Sender system (hope they have some WS or support some other protocol like file which can read response back from PI and update log table)

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit and Indrajit.

The sender system actually wants a confirmation....so may be the approach of two files will hold good.

But would that be a good design?

I am using PI 7.3

Thanks

Ashirbani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>But would that be a good design?

It depends on ur sender system how they want to receive confirmation as a ack  or message, but since they are OK to accept confirmation message so go ahead with that and IMO, it's better and simple in terms of PI development .

BTW, as already suggested above, u can ask ur sender system to provide u confirmation WSDL file (if they want to receive message using SOAP protocol) so that u can route confirmation message directly to sender system .

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright Amit.

Thanks a lot

Ashirbani

Answers (0)