SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMDERIVE new Rules transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We already have few derivation rules in Prd and now i have created few more in Dev client.

Want to know correct method to transport this to Q and then to Prd.

I tried from Dev 100 to 200 client and it removed all the earlier values in the old rules and replaced with new one.

I want to only move new rules without any values without disturbing old rules and derivation values already in P11.

Please advise.

I know these can be directly created in Prd but I think its not correct.

thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a transport from FMDERIVE, the system would ask you if you want to include the values in the transport. If you answer 'no' (and you should ), the values won't be overwritten.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

I guessed the same. But I dont think system behaving like that. I think originally they dint not used transports to create rule in Prd system. the reason being there are many rules in D system and few in P system.

I deleted the unused rules in D system and now its matching with P system. but the link might have broken. and now the the rules in D and P may not reconginze and may overwrite.

Is there any table which has the serieal numbers etc?

Also want to take a dump of all derivation rules in P system from table for safer side. Please let me know how to trace the table which stores these data.

regards

Vasu

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system does behave in this way: it asks for overwriting values option every time a transport is created. But, I do agree with you, that the transport system for this tool is not perfect. That's why I recommend maintaining the rules directly in Production. As for the tables generated by FMDERIVE, they are dynamic and can be viewed via FMFMOAP* tables.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Eli,

The system behaved correctly. It did ask for the overwriting of values and I selected NO.

But the issue is, the table names of active FMderives in D and P are not the same. hence when i am now creating the TR i think it will overwrite  the rules itself.

is there a way to bring D in line with P? without disturbing anything in P?

thanks

Vasudev

0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

In general the whole strategy should be transported not individual rules. This is because the order of the rules is also important to the logic and the system executes the entire strategy every time.

As far as difference between PRD and DEV goes my suggestion would be to reconcile the two and build it in DEV. Then delete and replace everything in PRD with a transport. Please also note that you need the FINBASIS transport tool to be set up. Please see note 1019327.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu.

Please check this SAP note below.

1661776 - How to transport Derivation Strategy – Best Practice

Best Regards.

Jandoval Nascimento