Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Details are not maintanied for Vendor XXXXXX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am getting this error as per subject line (Message no. 8I565) while preparing GR.

Further, I was not getting such error upto yesterday (04/02/14), but suddenly I started getting the above error.

In our compay ECC 6.0 is there and was implemented in 2007, but since then such error did not occur.

I have gone through almost all the threads suggesting to maintain Vendor Excise Details in J1ID (ECC No, Excise Range & Excise Div.) and after maintaining 'N/A' or some dummy data error disappears. But the question is that what is the reason which triggers this error suddenly. The basis team has not implemented any patch in between.

Is there any alternate solution of it ?

Regards,

Vivek K.

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you procure any goods from your supplier then if this materials are excise able then you need to define the the same supplier code with the details in J1ID.

As a excise rule for which while doing GRN it check whether the vendor details are declared in J1ID , if not then it will pop the error message.

So you need to maintain the vendor details in J1ID.

I am afraid that you are telling like before this error was not coming , and suddenly it is coming, are you sure whether previously you had posted any GRN for this vendor code if so then some one had deleted the vendor code from J1ID.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the process when to capture Excise Inv. but the problem is that this has started coming suddenly.

Even in case, if we prepare GR against pending PO, then also this error is coming, which was not found when GR was prepared against that particular PO before.

If any one has come across such problem plz let us share.

Vivek K.

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could a case like new vendor . If the vendor is exciable and you have procured mat from this specific vendor . The J!ID settings is a must .

You can check , whats the case with the past procurement process with this same vendor .

You will get your answer

regards

manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned in the SCN threads its just an issue with excise master data (to be maintained in J1ID transaction)

Just analyse your old transactions with the same vendor code/plant/material combination and also your master data change history. Hope you will be able to find out the reason.  You can also check in your Quality / Sandbox system with some test cases.

Thanks,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the change log in J1ID?  Some users would have made changes after 4th Feb'14 by oversight.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem has stated coming to in all clients (e.g. Dev, QA & Live) with all types of Vendors (Import as well as Domestic).

No change has been observed in Excise Details of Vendor in J1ID.

Vivek K.

0 Kudos

Vivek,

Did you maintained relevant J1iD settings ?

Is your problem solved ?

regards

manu

0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

As said earlier, I have checked J1ID setting for vendor, and there is chnage in Excise Details of Vendor.

The problem has not yet resolved, we are providing temporary solution by maintaining ECC, Excise Range & Excise Div. against Vendor in J1ID, while preparing GR.

Vivek K.

0 Kudos

To your comments

"As said earlier, I have checked J1ID setting for vendor, and there is change in Excise Details of Vendor."

"No change has been observed in Excise Details of Vendor in J1ID."

there is change or no change ? . I go with change as per your last comment .

Now ,

Is your J1ID settings for all vendors are maintained ?

again system showing the error ?

0 Kudos

Sorry, there is NO change in Excise Details of vendor in J1ID.

Yes, J1ID settings for all vendors are maintained. and I am still getting same error.

Vivek K.

0 Kudos

So you mean to say - all J1id settings for vendors are done . But while doing GR you are getting this error - vendor excise details not maintained !!!

In that case where you maintain the data ?

You cant maintain in j1id coz its already maintained  rt .

fyi - we cant see your system hence asking  these question. dnt feel bad

0 Kudos

I maintained data 'N/A' in ECC, Excise Range & Div in Vendor Exicse Dtl in J1ID.

I maintainted it to provide temporary solution in GR making.

0 Kudos

Can you check and confirm what kind of receipt you are performing. I mean GRN against PO or STO? Also let us know whether you are procuring with that vendor for the first time or you procured it earlier also but getting error message this time only.

Just check the J1ID Vendor Master details and put - or * if any of the column is blank and try again.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir,,

Intentionally I changed Chapter ID for one Material in J1ID in my development.

Then Immediately i tried to find the changes by going to (selection in Menu bar---All changed entries---suggesting that-No entries found that match selection criteria.

(I tried again by going to select the Row which i changed the Chapter Id---Utilities in Menu bar--Change Logs---Here telling No Logs Found)

Pl help me where i am committing mistake?

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly refer the below OSS notes which helps you activate the change Log for J1ID.

1505924 - CIN master data elements not captured in CDHDR/CDPOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

From PAck18. Pan Number is mandatory in J1id(vendor excise details). otherwise system will give the error. Please maintain all the details in J1id-vendor excise details and check it. surely it will help you. otherwise delete the entry and maintain again.

Regards

Maruthi S