cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import project error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Invalid project description.

C:/Documents and Settings/won/Documents/SAP/workspace/TutWD_FileUpDownload and C:/Documents and Settings/won/Documents/SAP/workspace overlap.

when i try to import the ready to deploy project from

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/webcontent/uuid/d2201c20-0801-0010-49b3-94fca8f590... [original link is broken]

i am getting the invalid project error : overlap

pls advice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yzme,

Do not put the downloaded project directly in the Workspace, if you put it into your workspace then while importing the project you'll get that error. Save the example on to your desktop(somewhere else), unzip it and then import the project.

File->Import->Existing Project into Workspace -> Now select the downloaded project from the desktop -> Finish.

Right Click on your project ->Repair ->Project Structure and Classpath.

Hope it resolves your problem.

Regards,

Jhansi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was also getting the same error, then I copied the folder to a different partition altogether i.e. in D:\ drive instead of c:\ , my nwds is installed in c: drive.

Then I could import the project using import-->Existing Project into Workspace option.

Deepti

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried importing the project. The project is imported successfully, its just that errors are coming, and i believe the errors are coming because its an initial project (as written in the link provided by you). You need to make some changes in it.

As far as importing the project is concerned, you can first check what avinash has advised. Then you can delete all the previous folders made by the same name (these folders must have been made when you tried importing it), and try importing it again as I am telling in the next line.

What i did was i downloaded the zip file from the link given by you. Unzipped it to my desktop. I opened my NWDS and chose the option <b>import an existing project</b>, and selected the entire folder which was unzipped, ie <b>TutWD_FileUpDownload</b>. If you now open your Web Dynpro perspective, you will be able to see this project.

See if doing like this helps.

Bye

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yzme

I think you remove any previous project with the same name from your workspace and than try and import the project into your workspace. I find no reason for ot not happening

Avinash

Please award points if you find it helpful