Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery plant is not getting picked up in one line item in saled order

former_member130215
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The scenario is a simple inter company PO-SO process, where a PO is created and while saving the PO, an output type will trigger --> idoc will be created --> idoc will create teh sales order.

Now for one such PO with two line items(mat1 and mat2), although the SO is getting created but in the SO, the delivery plant filed is blank for 2nd line,i.e mat2.

Do you have any idea why it is happening so ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member130215
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried to get it debugged by our abaper and found the root cause.

The problem is with the Customer-material info record being maintained in KNMT table.

Due to this record the plant value is being picked up as ABCD and later due to Standard SAP program validations this plant was being cleared out as the material doesn't exist in this plant(in the testing system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, Glad that you were able to catch it.

On a lighter node, you can like / mark helpful answers in discussions.

It surely motivates the forum members..!!

Thanks

former_member130215
Participant
0 Kudos

i have already marked it as answered. Sorry I didn't got what you suggested me. Please elaborate how can I do what you have suggested me in your last comment. Thanks you!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

What i suggest here is to test the IDOC and Function Module to create SO.

If you have IDOC, replicate and test it using WE19 transaction. I am sure there will be a custom Function module to pick data from IDOC and create a Sale order. You can set a break point and try to check what happens for line item 2 during this process.

If not comfortable, ask developer for help and debug.

This will surely help you.

Thanks

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NG,

There can be many factors for no plant in line item 2.

There are standard SAP plant determinations as described by Gurtej. You can check them.

ale order is getting created from IDOC as a result from PO.

Kindly check the IDOC segments for Plant value, what i doubt is that you will get plant value for line item 1 and not for line item 2 in IDOC.

You can check and confirm back.

Thanks

Kartik

former_member130215
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

Although I have checked those setting but i think they doesn't matter in this case as the plant got picked for 1 material and not for the 2nd material.

Have checked the idoc, it has the plant in the segment E1EDK14(which is not specific to materials,i.e this segment is common to both materials) and the material specific segments E1EDP01 does not have any mention of plant. Any thing else i can check which is at material level or any sales side plant determination process...I really dont know.

former_member130215
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karik,

Please suggest if something else is missing for this material. I have checked the material master for mat1 and mat2 and found them to be same.

gurtej_sandhu1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Normally in sale order the delivery plant is automatically determined form these three settings:-

1.Customer Master - Shipping Tab - Delivery Plant

2.Material Master - Sale Org1 - Delivery Plant

3.Customer Material Info Record

Kindly check these settings

Regards,

Gurtej