cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA TRIAL Version - Not able to add system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm not able to add the system in my HANA Studio and get the following error. Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ariff,

If this is a new instance, then it takes some time for some of the services to be started/added to the instance. Did you again try after 15-20 mins? If not than, you can give it a go after the following exercises,

1. Create an entry in your local hosts file:

for Windows: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.( If you are using Windows 8, you need to open the host file as follows: search>notepad>right click>run as administrator>browse the host file> open.

for Linux: /etc/hosts) -- > mapping your elastic IP / (IP address which you used in HANA studio) to the hosts name of your hana server.

*** Use the internal IP address to connect from your Cloudshare HANA Studio, if you want to connect from your local machine, use the external IP address.

2. While adding a new system, you need to provide correct hostname. ie

host: <hostname>.vm.cld.sr

instance: 00

3. In case if you changed SAP HANA server "Vanity URl", you need to use that as a Host name.

If you are still getting error message(s) with the HANA Studio (on Cloudshare desktop image) to the HANA DB after you enter the correct username or password:

a. "Error when connecting to system":

The issue seems to be caused by a corrupted secure storage file.

As a workaround, please follow the following steps:

1. Delete your HANA connection on the Navigator tab in HANA Studio, and then close the HANA Studio.

2. Open windows explorer, and navigate to C:\Users\Administrator folder on your Cloudshare desktop.

3. Find the folder ".eclipse" and rename it to "OLD.eclipse":

4. Open your HANA Studio and set your HANA DB Connection again. You will be prompted to set the password reminder for secure storage file. You can choose "No".

5. After that, the new ".eclipse" folder and the new secure storage file will be recreated.

6. Close and re-open your HANA Studio, to verify that the workaround fixed the connection issue.

If you still getting the same error, than there must be some issue with the server.  To overcome this issue in the new instance try logon to HANA server via SSH (eg. putty) as root. SUSE has a known bug regarding SSH connections. if you are not able to connect to the server, than you may need to contact cloudshare help center. They will fix this bug for you. Even I too had the same issues. Later I ran some scripts and could able to add system.

Hope this helps!!..

Regards

Avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Avijit,

The issue are not solved. Still I'm not able to solve the issue.

Can you please let me know how to contact cloud share support.

Regards,

Ariff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ariff,

Did you perform all the exercises as I mentioned above? And than did you try logging HANA server via SSH?

You can contact to cloudshare support while you are logged into your account. There is something called "contact". Click on that and send your query. saying SSH not opening in cloudshare Vm machine.

thanks

avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Avijit,

i was familiar with windows hosts config (after spending hours to make it work in Win7), i appreciate your explaining the UNIX side. i haven't tried but consider it worth putting into my bag of tricks.

thx,

greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Greg!.

Its always good to have mindset of workaround with different perspective.

And above all learning has no ends

Regards

Avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Avijit,

The issue is not solved yet. I have tried all your three options but still not able to add a system.

I have contacted Cloudshare support and they replied to contact devcenter@sap.com.

Best Regards,

Ariff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ariff,

May I know who replied your queries?.

Is it possible for you to share your environment? I can probably understand the real issues behind it.

Thanks

Avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Avijit,

My Query was replied by the cloud share support team.. Please find the details below. Also, how to do you want to share the environment. Can I assign you as a contributor?

Thank you for contacting CloudShare. As we hope you know, we take all inquiries very seriously. For SAP Software related issues, we have been instructed by SAP to redirect cases to SAP support. Please contact devcenter@sap.com.

We suggest reviewing the README document on the SAP HANA Studio machine in your environment to get started.
SAP also have a great deal of guidance in their forums:
SAP HANA Developer Center: http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/hana
SAP Mobility Developer Center: http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform
Additional information can be found here:
https://support.cloudshare.com/entries/25977620-Getting-Started-with-SAP-HANA

Best Regards,

Scott Petri | CloudShare Support

Best Regards,

Ariff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ariff,

Pls close the thread(answered) as the issues has already been resolved.

Kindly mention your valuable inputs.

Hope you can continue exploring more about HANA.

Thanks

Avijit