SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS Retail Certified with no experince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Is there any way to get a job in SAP Companies with no experience in SAP IS Retail . Certified in SAP IS Retail 4.7 in 2008 and a BBM Graduate (2010). Any suggestions how to get interview calls?  Or the names of some companies who allow direct walk-in for freshers? You can send me direct message or mail me  :  jovebilal@live.com . Suggestions will be highly appreciated and also if anyone can help me with a list of main topics in SAP IS Retail , one should be prepared facing an interview.

Thanks & Regards,

Jove

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Look for a good book or handbook about Introduction to Retail. Think you need to speak the slung of retailers. After, link SAP slang and Retail slang.

Look for in the marketplace, and in this site documents and blogs about these topics (I suggest you some keywords for searching in google)

Billing: IDOC WPUUMS.and movements 251/252. Billing type FP.

Article vs. Material.

Site vs. Plant (in retail there are two kinds of plant: DC and sites or shops)

Promotions

Pricing (condition VKP0, tcodes VKP5)

Assortment and listing

Archiving. What is it important in IS-Retail?

POSDM.

Interfaces with POS.

STO (stock transfer order) from DC to sites/shops. IDOC PORDCR.

Alllocation rules

Maybe I forget some topics.

Research also between end user companies running SAP IS-Retail (ie: retailers) and sell yourself as a Business Analyst.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Look for a good book or handbook about Introduction to Retail. Think you need to speak the slung of retailers. After, link SAP slang and Retail slang.

Look for in the marketplace, and in this site documents and blogs about these topics (I suggest you some keywords for searching in google)

Billing: IDOC WPUUMS.and movements 251/252. Billing type FP.

Article vs. Material.

Site vs. Plant (in retail there are two kinds of plant: DC and sites or shops)

Promotions

Pricing (condition VKP0, tcodes VKP5)

Assortment and listing

Archiving. What is it important in IS-Retail?

POSDM.

Interfaces with POS.

STO (stock transfer order) from DC to sites/shops. IDOC PORDCR.

Alllocation rules

Maybe I forget some topics.

Research also between end user companies running SAP IS-Retail (ie: retailers) and sell yourself as a Business Analyst.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you so much for your helpful reply. I am getting SAP End User job hopefully as a fresher in SAP SD. Should I go for it and will it help me to work as a functional consultant in future? For this I have to relocate to other state. So is it worth for me to take this step?

Thanks & Regards,

Jove

0 Kudos

Hi Jove,

For start in SAP its not a bad option atleast it will give you some hands on experience meanwhile you continue with your learning and exploring new things in SAP...

Thanks