Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope of check - unconfirmed order reservations

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

During availability check for a sales order, is it possible to exclude un-confirmed order reservations (i.e. demands from production orders of parent product). ?

I am aware and tested that confirmed order reservations i.e. committed quantities against those production orders are excluded when creating sales order for a given product.

YR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

YR,

Yes.  OVZ9.  Deselect anything in the checkbox under "Incl.depen.reservat." for the Check Control of the Sales orders.

Bear in mind that after this change, your sales orders will be able to 'rob' component stock from any production orders.  You should probably review the consequences of not being able to complete these production orders on time (such as the possibility of generating a late delivery for another sales order).

Best regards,

DB49

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

May be I havent put the words in the correct context.

Actually we want to protect the product stock which is already committed against production order of parent product. (order reservations).

In extension to that we also want to protect the stock for the production orders of the parent product against which there is no committment yet. (i.e. for which availability check is not carried out - Business Event PP)

So sales order should not rob the stock which is equivalent of all reservation, committed as well as uncommitted production orders as demand.

Further to this we want it even for dependent demands. (planned orders of parent).

So basically, we want to protect stock meant for all the manufacturing demand (internal demand).

Hope I am able to clarify it now.

YR

Former Member
0 Kudos

YR,

As I said before, ATP does not reserve stock.  In the context of ATP, the word 'reservation' is just a name chosen by SAP for a particular type of requirements element.  It doesn't actually reserve anything. In ECC ATP, a specific supply element (such as stock) is not fixed to any specific requirements element.

Anyhow, to your question: Same transaction OVZ9, but select 'X' "include all reservations" and also set the checkbox "Incl dependent reqs"

Then, in OVZ2 try "0" or "2" for cumulation.

If none of these suggestions prove satisfactory, I suggest you try enhancement.  Or, you can try APO, which offers many more ATP capabilities.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

I missed to mention. My query is with reference to APO only. We are not using ECC for ATP.

But I have observed that uncommitted production order quantities are not getting excluded.

Only the committed production orders are being considered.

So how to exclude uncommitted production orders (as reservations) as well in APO for Sales Orders availability check ?

Request your insights...

YR

Former Member
0 Kudos

YR

I missed to mention.  My query is with reference to APO only.

Oops.  Everything I have said to you up until now in this thread is not applicable.  OVZ9/OVZ2 are irrelevant for APO GATP.  Such configuration details are set in APO.

Please display a screenshot of the detailed check instructions.

Please display a screenshot of the of the ATP group

Please display a screenshot of the scope of check requirements

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Thanks for your reply. Before I share screen shot I will explain it with an example so that you can give your inputs. We have done all the configuration in APO.

Example -

Product B is component of product A.

Sales order comes on product B. Production order for product A is also present in the system.

We want to exclude the quantity of component B equivalent of requirement from the production order of A at the time of sales order creation for product B.

This works if component availability check is carried out before for the production order. This shows committed quantity in the scope of check (Z1 - A combination which we have maintained).

What we want is even the uncommitted quantity if any should get excluded during availability check.

i.e. the entire requirement (confirmed + unconfirmed) should get excluded from the check.

Is it possible to achieve this ?

YR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are having similar case as YR, for which I'm searching for a solution.

We have certain sales orders (which are created on portal) for which we need to book stocks. These orders have different ord type. We want to give priority to these sales orders against existing/upcoming stocks. (For these orders, no customer master exists, kind of one-time).

Requirement is - Portal orders are placed according to the updated stock on portal (frequent run programs). But at the time of actual delivery creation, it happens that no stock available for the order and existing stock 'robbed' by other sales orders/deliveries meanwhile. We want to give 'portal orders' more priority than other normal orders/STOs.

We have receipt elements in Purchase orders only and no production orders. Also, portal orders are not subjected for gatp check, once the order is saved, a sales order is triggered & created in ECC (XI/PI) against dedicated Plants/Warehouses.

We have gatp and trying to find solution for it. Could you please guide how to book stocks for these 'priority orders' against existing unrestricted-use stock & against upcoming purchase orders?

Thanks a lot!