cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consistency between CIFed data and BW data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I am transferring data from ECC to APO and also from ECC to BW. Now, I use both the data in APO for my planinng.

In case of materials: When CIFing, I have a material, MAT1. With user exit that adds the source name at the begining making it L25MAT1. I also extract historical data from ECC. But I donot add any prefix or suffix. Now when it comes to planning, I have two different names for the same material. How can I get rid of this problem? If I deactivate my user exit, I won't be able to recognize it and at the same time, I don't want to add any prefix to the BW data. I know I can use BSGs but does that help? How does this work if I use BSGs?

Same is the case for location with both customer and vendor the same name.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Visu,

I am confused as to why you took this approach of product naming standard via CIF. The product name should be left as is MAT1. Its the location-product like MAT1-L25 which will be the basis of your planning in APO both SNP and PPDS. For sales history you must be having data at a SKU, customer level which let's say is MAT1 and L25 (assuming it to be the customer). So you extract data from ECC to BW as in form of MAT1-L25-100-EA-W142006 i.e. SKU-customer/Sell to-Quantity-UoM-Time Bucket (week).

Then you generate CVCs based on the Sales History which will create MAT1-L25 for product and location. This can be mapped to both your sales history as well as planning data in SNP and PPDS.

Please note BSG is not used in a scenario mentioned by you. It is used only if you have multiple ERP systems linked to same SCM system and the same product code in different ERP system refers to different products. The SAP help example I think talks about screw and hammer being two different items but having same product code MAT1 in respective ERP system.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Somanth. How about the customer and Vendor scenario? I have the same customer as both customer and vendor. As per note 458914, a prefix is added.

Thanks once again.