cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store the file structure and get the structure in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on File - RFC Synchronous scenario. My requirement is I need to store the entire file request before sending to RFC.And I have need to send the request and response to File. We are working on PI 7.31 Dual Stack.

I have to store the whole file structure and should get that structure.

Please let me know the possible ways how I can store and get that.

This is my first scenario.Please let me know if my requirement is not clear.

Attached is my file structure coming to PI. As mentioned in the attached structure, header is 1..1 cardinality and item is of o..n cardinality.

Thanks,

Swapnika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Swapnika,

If you need to store the file before sending to the RFC you can set in the Sender File adapter the option Processing Mode->Archive and to choose the path to save the file before to send it.

For the RFC response you can follow Amit suggestion, you have a howto here File-RFC-File(Without BPM) - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

I went through the document File-RFC-File(Without BPM) - Process Integration - SCN Wiki. Really its helpful. Thanks for that.But in the document file is generated only for the RFC response but in my case I need to generate the file for both FileRequest and RFCResponse. Please let me know how the file request should be stored before mapping to RFC request and how to get the stored file request after RFC response.

Thanks,

Swapnika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For File <-> RFC <-> File (sync scenario) u can use Request/Response bean module.

Check this:

>>I have to store the whole file structure and should get that structure.

I am not sure what d0 u mean by this? Using a JM u can save request message but why u want to get that request structure and where?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am sorry,I was confused with the requirement. My scenario is also same i.e., File <-> RFC <-> File( where PI will pick the file and send RFC and get back the response and then generate a file). But in my case, I have to generate the file for both request and response(not only response). This is the reason ,I wanted to store the file request and retrieve the same request after the RFC response.If this is valid, please suggest me how to achieve this.(I've heard that using Global Containers and DynamicConfiguration, we can save the data in PI but not very sure).

Please suggest me if I am thinking in wrong way.This is the first time I am working on PI.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to send the request and response data combinely in the final file... If it is correct then you have to use adapter modules in SAP PI.

Thanks,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I overlooked ur thread.

Anyway, check below blog and try to use this approach:  using return as XML functionality pass entire input to some custom field in RFC request and while getting back response read that request

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You want to save the entire file data before you perform the RFC call ?

Why you want to save the file because the same file will be available in the archive directory if you choose the file processing mode as archive in the sender file adapter.