cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System and software requirements to launch OPInt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have gone through some of the blogs on OPInt space to have an exposure. They are awesome to begin this space.

I want to know from you that could some update me with what are the system and software requirements to an OPInt box on my server.

If possible could any one give me some more scenarios on this which you have come accress.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Please install HANA Studio and Server of SP06 Revision 68 and above but not SP07. Download the latest Operational Process Intelligence Delivery Units (Revision 6) from the Service Market Place. You can find all the information on installation and various features of Operational Process Intelligence in various guides available in help portal - SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 – SAP Help Portal Page..

You can find the industries that we have build scenarios for in my overview video in blog -

SAP Operational Process Intelligence - Video Tours | SCN

Please go through them and let me know if you interested in any further details.

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Thanks for your reply,

Could you give an idea what are the post installation configurations need to be done to achieve the OPInt.

Please correct me tif am wrong that we can have HANA Studio on client machine to access the database.

what is the patch level we need to maintain for this?

Regards

Raj

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

You will find all the information in the installation and upgrade guide mentioned above in help page. OpInt is available as Delivery Unit in SAP Marketplace as SAR files.

1.  You have to extract the Delivery Units from the SAR files --> Open HANA Studio --> Import the delivery Units (first TASKMANAGEMENT DU and next PROCESSWORKSPACE DU) --> Restart the studio - by this you update you HANA server with OpInt

2.  Next you have to install the OpInt plugins in HANA Studio. To do so, you have use Help --> Install New Software and install the plugins from http://<hana server host name>:80<instance number>/sap/opi/pv/updatesite and restart the studio

3. You can now see Business Scenario on context menu of the package

** HANA has three components HANA Server, HANA Studio and HANA Client - all of them serves different purpose. For OpInt, you need to have HANA Studio and HANA Server installed.

So there are Revisions in HANA and not patches - which means each revision is self sufficient and do not need to have main release installed and then apply patches on top of it. So you can pick HANA SP06 Revision 68/69 from SAP Marketplace and install OpInt 1.0 SP01 Revision 6 on top of it.

Hope that answers !

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

From the above mentioned steps,

I have not done Step 1. But,I have done Step 2 and able to see Step 3.

I have created few POCs in OPINT but I am not able to see Notifications in OPINT workspace.

Is it because of not doing Step1.

Regards

Jai

Sesh_Sreenivas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,

If i understood you right, then you are looking for notification in the workbox.

I assume you have a business scenario created with proper data and you have subscribed to one of the KPIs to receive notifications (tasks) in the workbox when it is breached or about to be breached.

Can you confirm if you have scheduled the notification job as mentioned in the installation guide of OPInt? Chapter 5.2.2 in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hana_opint/SAP_OPInt_Installation_Upgrade.pdf

Regards,

Sesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sesh,

Thanks for your response. Happy to say notification issue is fixed

But I have encountered one more issue,

Actually I am importing a BPM scenario to OPINT Business Scenario Editor , the process flow is imported but I am not able to see the DATA OBJECTS (ie where all the process context data is stored) of this BPM scenario.

and because of this in Instance details I cant see the context data.

Can you please help me how to import the Data Objects of BPM scenario into OPINT ?

If you can reply fast it will be very helpful.

Cheers

Jai

Sesh_Sreenivas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

When you import the BPM process (and if the BPM process has a context data object) then the data object is automatically imported. You dont have to do anything special/manual to get it in OPInt.

Tip: Once you import the process into a business scenario and save it, a calculation view is created with the context of the process.

Regards,

Sesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

I see you have some good knowledge about SAP OPInt. Can you please help me with setting up OPInt activated through CAL on AWS on SAP HANA Developer Edition running also on AWS cloud?

In other words I am trying to download the OPInt Plugins into HANA Studio or Eclipse (tried for both) using this server path:

http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8022/sap/opi/pv/updatesite

The Elastic IP I am using is from the OPInt instance not from HANA DB.

The plugin is successfully found but the update fails because of dependency issues, e.g. one of the missing plugins is "com.sap.ndb.studio.bi.datafoundation"

I was not able to find any clue how can I add such plugin into HANA Studio or Eclipse.

Do you suggest to downgrade HANA to SP06 from SP09? Do I have to downgrade HANA Server or is it enough find downgraded HANA Studio? And then where can I download older HANA Versions?

For me it makes no sense why 2 newest instances available from CAL are not compatible with each other.

Thanks.

Erik

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Erik,

What is the HANA Revision in CAL and which revision of OPInt are you trying to import ?

OPInt revisions hold a compatibility matrix with HANA Revision. Here is one:

For HANA SPS09 Revision 90 - OPInt 1.0 SPS04 PL0 and for Revision 92 it is OPInt 1.0 SPS04 PL1

For HANA SPS08 Revision 85 - OPInt 1.0 SPS03 PL3

We have installed OPInt successfully in CAL both with HANA Rev90 and HANA Rev85 - and there was not such issue.

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, so HANA DB is 1.00.091.00.1418659308 so I assume it is SPS09 Rev 91.

What OPInt is compatible with this HANA DB?

I am not able to tell you which version OPInt is, don't know where to look yet. I have to analyze the screen below deeper.

But on CAL there is simple guide which I think is outdated because it (https://caldocs.hana.ondemand.com/caldocs/help/SAP_OPI_1.0_SPS01_HANA_with_SAP_NW_PO_7.4%20SP03_Appl...

describes following:

3.1 Required Product Versions and Software Components Content HANA:

[Main Component]: HANA 1.0 [Stack-No. of Main Component]: Service Pack 06 SAP Operational Process Intelligence Powered by HANA:

[Main Component]: SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 [Stack-No. of Main Component]: Service Pack 01 SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration:

[Main Component]: Process Orchestration 7.4 [Stack-No. of Main Component]: Service Pack 03

Or does it mean that my OPInt is really 1.0 SP01? Is it possible to upgrade it when needed?

Besides this Development environment we also have SAP HANA One running which is SPS09 Rev 93. Which OPInt do we need for this system?

Btw. SAP BPM and OPInt has this system information:

Details about Database

hana

HDB

HDB (1.00.63.381310)

Open SQL

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Erik,

1.0 SPS01 is very old OPInt revision.

For SPS09 REV90 - its OPINT 1.0 SPS04 PL0

For SPS09 REV92 - its OPINT 1.0 SPS04 PL1

For SPS08 REV85 - Its OPINT 1.0 SPS03 PL3

You may use any on the above OPINT revision with their respective compatible HANA revisions.

For REV91 and 93 we do not have any compatible revisions.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Archana

Answers (0)