cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default cost center to wage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is for Switz payroll, i have a requirement from client where they want to default cost center to wage type.

We know the manual process of doing the same from PA30, but it is for mass employee and so we need a solution for default the CC for all employee instead of doing it manually.

Please help as this is very urgent.

Kindly give your suggestion.

Thanks

PP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

The customizing topic 'Set up posting for Fixed Costs' could be used. You will find it under

Payroll Switzerland -->Reporting for Posting Payroll Results to Accounting-->Activities for AC System

There you can maintain a specific cost type to be posted, irrespective of the
employee
, to a particular cost center rather than to the usual

account assignment (such as the employee's own cost center).

Hope this helps,

BR

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I looked at this setting and found it relevant to my query, but just wanted to confirm that i need to assign cost center to specific wage type in IT0014. By this way will i be able to link cost center to wage type,as i did not fine field where i can enter wage type.

Kindly guide me.

Thanks

PP

0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Controlling has to create the required fixed cost centers and cost types.

(Has to create G/L accounts in Financial Accounting (FI) for the primary cost elements.

Then you have to enter this dates in 'Set up Postings for Fixed Costs'.

The wage type has to be assigned to the symbolic account which is assigned to the Primary cost element/GL account.

During the posting process the system refers to the entry of 'Set up Postings for Fixed Costs' and posts the wage type to the according fix Cost Center and not the the Cost Center of the employee.

Please check attached short Doku.

Hope this helps!

BR
Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Thank you so much Jan

Thanks

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan:

I know this is an old post, but wondering if this is possible for the US?  ALso, looking at the config for fixed costs it says that this is for distributed systems with ALE set up.  Is this necessary?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

yes, this should work for US as well. I found the same topic in the IMG

Payroll US--> Posting to Financal Accounting--> Activities in AC-System-->Set up fixed cost posting.

No, this should work as well if PY and AC are on the same system.

Best regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reply.  We will try this.

Answers (0)