cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

winsock slow on the recv command

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am upgrading a application from PB10.5 on a windows xp environment to PB12.5 on a windows 7 environment.  The application upgraded without a problem.  The problem I am having is, when we are retreiving data from the database.  The database is an IBM datacom environment.  Using winsock, a socket stream is used to connect/retreive/update data to the database.  In the PB10.5 environment the response time is good.  In the PB12.5 environment, the response time is terrible-- 4 to 5 times as long.  Is there something I need to be aware of with winsock when upgrading from PB10.5 to PB12.5 or moving from windows xp to windows 7?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a bit a elimination on my side.  If I compile the PB12.5 code on a windows xp machine the response is back to normal.  If I compile the PB12.5 code on a windows7 machine the response time is very slow.  I have narrowed this down to the recv command when communicating with the database.  Is there a different winsock command I should be using since my environment has changed to windows7?