cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery block that restricts the creation of a production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts - The following is the business requirement which needs to be fulfilled:

Delivery block is needed at schedule line level that will block the creation of production order.

Events to construct the scenario:

Material: Produced Internally

1. User creates SALES ORDER
  2. System processes Transfer of requirements and then MRP
  3. Before production order is created in the system, business needs to block the creation of the same.
  4. Once delivery block is released at Sales order level, only the production order should be created.

Help is requested. If this is possible via enhancement please provide the details of the same.

Regards

Siddharth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do Agree with you...

But Please tell me how system can differentiate the Requirements has to blocked(came from Shed.Line Block) and It has to be removed on total MRP run to limit the Production order...

Have you tried with any other Sch Line specific to the material Item Category+MRP type...

As suggested by Lakshmipathiji-- Your PP guy can help in this in finding the Exit..

Phanikumar

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siddarth,

Thanks for Reply...

Anyway in both the Cases (Header delivery block/Schedule line Delivery Block) Requirements will get Updated.Due to You are currently running a batch job for MRP Run and there by--can initiates Production Order...Here The Question Comes is How to Remove the Requirements which came from Schedule line Block from Batch job...

Have you tried by deactivating the Requirements in your Schedule line category---Just Correct me .

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

De-activating TOR at schedule line level is not recommended because that is a config change and will impact all materials with that schedule line category.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. User creates SALES ORDER
  2. System processes Transfer of requirements and then MRP
  3. Before production order is created in the system, business needs to block the creation of the same.
  4. Once delivery block is released at Sales order level, only the production order should be created.

Do you actually want the requirements to be created in step 1/2?

Or do you want the requirements not to be created until the delivery block is released?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noel - Business does not want transfer or requirements to be created unless delivery block is released.

Regards

Siddharth

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siddarth,

Can you please Help us what was the Current procedure Followed in your company?

Once sales order Created normally--- currently how it is initiating the Production Order?(Any Normal Config/Enhancements)

Why you are so specific To Schedule line Blocks--Why not Header Level Delivery Blocks??what made you to be specific on Sch.Line Blocks??

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani - We can use the header delivery blocks also, but the flipside to that is: All items by default in the sales order will be assigned the delivery block.

There could be certain items in SO - Which do not need to get blocked and production order NEEDS to be created for them. If there are multiple items in sales order - then user has to manually remove the block for each of those items which should have initially not had that block.

If we have block @ schedule line level, then only those materials that should qualify for a delivery block will be blocked at schedule line level.

Currently for our client - Automatically through material master settings (MRP 2 View: Procurement type = E), when the sales order is getting saved, then MRP run will be executed via batch job and then production order will be created.

Regards

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Set a default block in schedule line in config settings.

After business teams review, it can be taken off and PO can be released.

Thanks

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kartik - Am aware of this config. But I think based on earlier replies - delivery block does not seem to influence creation of production order. May be we need enhancement. So I am just trying to find out what is the exact enhancement can be used.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi siddharth,

There is no standard setting to block Production order from Delivery block

Try using the BADI  "WORKORDER_UPDATE" which has two Interfaces

One at time of save which can be used to check the delivery block and prevent creation of Production order

check with your developer on above BADI and update your findings

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh Kumar - You mentioned

Try using the BADI  "WORKORDER_UPDATE" which has two Interfaces

My question back to you is: What is the other interface? You mentioned there are 2 interfaces.

Regards

Siddharth

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you assign Reason for Rejection, system will not pop up the requirements to PP.  Having said this, no production order can be created for this sale order but from your comments, if I understood correctly, requirements should throw to PP but production order should not be created.  If that is the case, then you need to look for related PP user exit

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir - We are both aligned on the understanding of the requirement.

What I am looking for is whether this is going to be technically feasible or not?

Regards

Siddharth

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
whether this is going to be technically feasible or not?

Yaa certainly, this can be achieved technically but as I said above, you have to search the forum for related PP user exit.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

one is at the time of Saving and the other is at the time of Updating Production order

the above given BAPI is called when you create PO from SO

regards,

santosh