cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the logic that lays behind the copy filter

0 Kudos

Hello people

One colleague of mine is asking me why a specific contract number was not copied after a TDTIM copy.

The first answer that came to my mind was “because of the time slice parameter”

But if I look at the records on table EKKO I find lots of contracts older that the “missing” one.

So, my question is: Where can I find the logic that lays behind the copy filter?

This is as far as I could get:

I know that the migration object name is E4_EKKO (or at least I suppose so).

Then via transaction cnv_mbt_menu I found the report CNVMBTSELREF

But I wasn’t able to find anything related to EKKO.

So, my question is: How can I find the filtering criteria used during the TDTIM copies for a certain table?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

As already mentioned by Rupam and Anita, the internal selection logic for identifying such data is quite technical and

cannot be shared . There are several dependencies that are observed to select all the relevant data across different

modules.

However as Thumb rule, we will broadly take care of all such data which falls under a creation/ change /posting etc Dates for the related business process.

For example to identify which all PO /PR / Contract should be transferred for a selected time slice -

We would be checking relevant data from several related tables :

EKKO -

MSEG -

RSEG-

EKBE-

PLPO -

MKPF-

FRET-

EKKN-

Also some dependencies with some PS tables as well.

So for a end user using a system created by TDMS copy , the important thing would be to try testing any business process after the selected 'FROM DATE' . In case any inconsistency is observed for those data, then it should be reported to the TDMS team for root cause analysis. I must add that the overall functional consistency of the data copied by TDMS is already tested in several customer landscapes with no open issues. So you may surely rely on the consistency of data copied by TDMS, of course barring any exceptional cases. 

In general you may also go through the note - 1268658 to get an insight of why some extra document may be transferred by TDMS to achieve enhanced consistency.

I hope this answers your query.

Cheers

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

EKKO table comes under fill header logic of TDMS and selection logic for fill headers is not straight forward, you can not get it directly via any table or a single program as many fill header activities are inter-related. So to find the root cause of the issue you need to raise an OSS message in component CA-TDM. While raising the message to save the processing time mention the missing document numbers and if possible also mention the steps to reproduce the issue so that SAP support can track the issue.

Thanks,

Anita

0 Kudos

Thanks Anita.

Do you know of any useful document i can read about this?.

Supose that, in the future, I want to know about the logic behind a non header table: how should I know the filtering criteria?

I want to learn more about the internals of TDMS because all the documentation I've found so far is very high level

Thanks again!

Diego

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Basically TDMS for time slice transfers the data based on the time slice date specified for the TDMS package.

In addition to this, some extra data is also needed in the receiver system to have a consistent system. This part is covered by the fill header logic, which is available for some tables. These data may or may not fall exactly within the time slice date, but its important from the consistency perspective.

However, as Anita mentioned, the logic of fill header and non-fill header table is not generic. Its different for different tables. These details are very technical and difficult to share.

In case you want to know this detail for any issue you face, you can raise an OSS message in CA-TDM* and give exact details of the data where the issue is faced.

Regards,

Rupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

There is no such document to explain the selection logic of TDMS. Even in case of non-fill header objects there are few structured objects whose logic is quite complex.

Thanks,

Anita