Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine items of different deliveries to form one single delivery

Rocky1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Reader,

My customer follows the following process:

They split an outbound delivery several times to perform their capacity planning for the warehouse. Like changing the Loading date, Loading Time, Staging date, staging time and the route.

All these activities results in lot of very small deliveries. Which is very difficult to handle, hence now they want to combine all these deliveries items(may be from different deliveries) into one single delivery.

In such case, how do we combine items from different deliveries to one. Is their any standard FMs that can help me to create this delivery. Or if not, how do I know which all delivery items can be combined into one delivery. How do I package my items?

Do we need all the following components to be same:

• All the partners should be exactly same
  • Should have same sales district(BZIRK)
  • Shipping Points should be same(VSTEL)
  • Sales organization should be same(VKORG)
  • Delivery type should be same(LFART)
  • LDDAT should be same
  • WADAT should be same
  • Transportation planning date(TDDAT)
  • LFDAT-Delivery Date
  • KODAT-Picking Date
  • Unloading Point
  • INCO1
  • INCO2
  • EXPKZ – Export Indicators
  • ROUTE

Any other fields that should be same?

Regards

Rocky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested why they want to combine the Deliveries which was already PGId?

As far as i know once Goods delivered COGS account will get updated--at this given situation again if you want to combine deliveries and Do the PGI again---what will happen to COGS account

May be you want to Combine deliveries originating from different sales orders.

Also the Parameters whatever you maintained are so clumsy--let us go one by one--I may be wrong please correct me:

• All the partners should be exactly same: Not required if you want to combine deliveries.Except Ship to party(you can have Item wise different ship to based on your Partner determination configurations at Delivery Item level)
  • Should have same sales district(BZIRK)( Not required--if the Stock need to go to Delhi--then i may have this delhi region in different Sales districts as per my configuration in customer master for diffrent partner functions)
  • Shipping Points should be same(VSTEL)(yes--you can create a delivery document with only one shipping point--which is different with shipping document)
  • Sales organization should be same(VKORG)(Obviously yes--you can not create a sales order for two different sales areas)
  • Delivery type should be same(LFART)(Yes)
  • LDDAT should be same(Yes)
  • WADAT should be same(Yes)
  • Transportation planning date(TDDAT)(yes)
  • LFDAT-Delivery Date
  • KODAT-Picking Date:(all this  Picking date,Packing date,Loading date,GI date which finally  gives  the delivery date as  an important  criteria to split the delivery)
  • Unloading Point: Yes--This can be derived from Customer master also depends on your configurations on how many unloading points a customer have--so can have a shipping document in place of Delivery document
  • INCO1-Yes
  • INCO2--Yes
  • EXPKZ – Export Indicators:Thanks for Sharing this new point
  • ROUTE: Yes--depends on your configurations of partners in Sales order/Delivery header-Item

Phanikumar

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rocky,

Regarding the fields that should be the same, you should refer to sap note 546668, Q1. This specifies the relevant fields.

As far as I am aware, there is no standard method by which you can combine all the deliveries back into one delivery. Perhaps a better option would be to change the process to avoid splitting the deliveries so much or to apply a modification (similar to note 377501) that prevents the split.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
they want to combine all these deliveries items(may be from different deliveries) into one single delivery.

You mean to say different PGId deliveries into one delivery?  Nevertheless, the answer is NO to my knowledge since there is no copy control for Delivery to Delivery.  Even if you try with any FM, I dont think, you can achieve this requirement.  Alternatively, you can try with Delivery exit where you can add the logic to validate all preceding documents and force the system not to split.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check OSS note 546668

Regards,

JM

Rocky1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked this OSS note. I still think there is lot more to do when we combine delivery items. Split is quite easy as we know the set of items with header characteristics same. But during combination we will come across items from different deliveries with different header. First wew ill have to package the items that can be combined. Here lies the challenge.

For example, I do not know, if we have two deliveries with different partner function set, then can they be combined. If they have same Ship to party and sold to part but there is one extra partner function in one of the delivery. Then can we combine the deliveries..

We have lot more siuation like this. So I wanted to know in detail.

Thanks & Regards

Rocky