cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas - Oncreatehandler control-id issue

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gotten myself into one of the perils of 'Oncreatehandler'.

Could anyone please advise me how to remove the control-id on the Oncreatehandler of the screen properties through tables or so?

I was working with a script which is an “OnCreateHandler” and manually moved out of the screen may be without completing the script.

And for the next time when I try to enter that screen it navigates to other screen where the script fails.

Through the screens there is no way it allows me to the screen where I need to fix that Oncreatehandler script.

Is there an alternate way to remove the control-id on the OncreateHandler of the screen? This is one of the internal screens of PA40 – MP000800/2013.

Appreciate your quick replies very much.

Thank you.

Geetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Geetha,

I was so waiting for someone to post this issue

Well, launch Personas using the url parameter as shown below:

……/index.html?sap-client=XXX&disableoncreatehandler=true

This URL parameter will not fire your oncreatehandler when you get into your flavor giving you chance to edit your start flavor.

Hope this helps to come out of your oncreate magic.

Regards,

sushant

0 Kudos

Thanks Sushant. It resucued me from quiet a lot of rework. Glad that I posed, works perfect.

Will note this down.

Thanks,

Geetha

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Heh, this is really cool - thanks, Sushant.
When I faced the exact same issue, I actually had to hack my way through the related tables and manually delete the offending entry so that OnCreateHandler doesn't fire

I didn't know there is such a URL parameter available - it would have made my work much easier. Perhaps it would be worth a blog post explaining what all the "undocumented" URL parameters are

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hm, interesting...

I got into the same predicament, tried to use this URL parameter but it doesn't work. The OnCreateHandler event is still fired.

Personas is 2.0 SP2, SL client is at the latest patch... what gives?

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

For Personas 2.0 SP02 you can use #RenderingDisableOnLoad URL parameter as explained here in my blog

cheers

Chinthan

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice, Chinthan. I tried this but it doesn't work either

former_member194736
Participant
0 Kudos

Tamas -

I just tried the Parameter for disabling onCreateHandler on our development system on SP2 and it is working fine.

Can you please provide system information for the system you are testing on (if internal)?

Alternately please log a ticket for our dev team to look into this.

Thanks

Vandana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chinthan,

What if your flavor isn't the default?  When I use the #RenderingDisableOnLoad, it apparently only does this for the default page.  When I switch to my flavor, the OnCreateHandler fires.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Doesn't work for me either.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you try /index.html#RenderingDisableOnLoad ?

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. that works now. Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

THAT worked for me as well. Thanks!