Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration SAP ERP 6.0 EHP6 and PI 7.0

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm planning an EHP6 for SAP ERP 6.0. In the whole landscape there is also NW BW 7.0 and PI 7.0 solutions.

I was checking SAP Note 1043047 that state the following:

"For PI, it is a prerequisite that no other system in the system landscape has a higher release than the PI system”

Do I need to perform PI Upgrade first? I was checking with UDA tool and there's no problem about it (only with EHP7)

I was also checking SAP Note 1388258 that state:

" Application driven software updates:

• Updating or upgrading the application system to SAP Business Suite 7 (e.g. ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 4 or CRM 7.0) or higher (up to Suite7i2011) does not require to implement an SAP NetWeaver EhP for your central SAP NetWeaver system, if this system has at least release SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SPS 19.
  • This rule applies to SAP NetWeaver Portal, SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse and SAP NetWeaver PI in combination with SAP Business Suite 7, SAP Business Suite 7i2010, and SAP Business Suite 7i2011 with the known limitations as listed in section 3."

There is also an attachment (Adjusted Version Interoperability.pdf) in the same SAP note.  So, does this mean that  PI have to be at least in release 7.0 SP19?

Has anyone tried this scenario?, is there any consideration?

Regards,

JAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

I had a quick check on the SAP note 1043047 - Compatibility of XI/PI in the system landscape

and there are two exceptions and one of them is this:

If the application does not use any new XI/PI functionality, it is technically possible to run an application system with a higher release than the PI system. For this reason, the combination with an older PI system can only be released by the applications themselves in addition to the general rule. These specific releases will be listed in note 1388258

Do you satisfy this condition ?

I also checked the UDA tool and I don't see an issue there too.

Until EHP6 there isn't any problem with the connected systems but there are restrictions from EHP7.

I would get the system upgraded to EHP6.

Regards

RB

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

Does this mean using a new PI funcionality in the SAP ERP after applying EHP6,

Which is available in ERP with PI_BASIS 7.31 and not compatible with PI 7.0 (PI_BASIS 700)?

Regards,

JAM

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jam

The compatibility between the existing PI and the ECC system to be upgraded to EHP6 system should only be questioned if they both are integrated. If not I don't think you need to worry much.

Whether the upgraded ECC system will be able to function properly without any compatibility issues with the PI system is what the exception from the SAP note means to me.

If the upgraded ECC system does not require any new PI functionality then it should be alright.

Like Yves said from EHP7 onward's there are requirements to have the other connected systems like PI, BW to get upgraded to higher release before the ECC gets upgraded.

I go with the UDA than the SAP notes. SAP notes mostly lacks clarity.

But if you need a concrete answer then I would suggest you to put an OSS message and get this clarified.

Regards

RB

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Reagan. We'll try EHP6.

Regards,

JAM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I've upgraded 3 years ago an ERP 4.7 to ECC6 Ehp4 (basis 701) that system was connected to an XI 7.0 SP22 and there was no problem. It may depend on the usage of the PI system.

I confirm that the compatibility problems are really coming with Ehp7 ()

For the BW system there should be no issue.

Regards