cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager embeded BI or Separt Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently planing and designing a new Solution Manager project with scope including BPS,DMS, ChaRM, ITSM, Service Management and Tech Monitoring.

As we will have over 300 connected systems, 50,000 plus users raising tickets and a complete time recording and SLA management component. Question is with all this complexity should I be planing for a separate BI instance for SLA, reporting, Monitoring dashboards etc.. or utilise the embeded BI in Solution Manager.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update to original question. My concern is regarding sizing and capacity manager? Looking for experience and break point where I might wish to consider changing my architecture to possible split technical monitoring and/or Bi for the Solman that has BPS/DMS/Charm/ITSM/SM etc....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Below link should answer your query

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/SAP+ITSM+Analytics+on+SAP+Solution+Manager+7.1

SOlution Manager BI capabilites are enough for the reporting of various features like ITSM,CHarm and Tech moni etc.

I am not really sure HANA capabilities for SAP Solution Manager... You may search from that side as well

SAP Solution Manager 7.1, powered by SAP HANA – SAP Help Portal Page

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Please check the below discussion , check the Keiji Mishima reply for SAP.

SAP's recommendation the BI in the Productive SAP Solution Manager Client.

Rg,

Karthik

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

If you want to utilize the various features of solution manager, even in this case the Embedded BI is sufficient for all the functionalities e.g. ChaRM , Tech Ops etc

there is no need to connect to a separate BI system for this requirement.

let me know if you need more info or have doubt

Regards

Prakhar