cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Deletion taking long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am performing client deletion using Tcode scc5 in SRM system. It is taking a long time.There are totally 9892 tables. Till 9879 it took around 2 hrs.

But from there onwards no progression. The Number of deleted entries remains constant. It is been more than 4 hrs that it is constant.The last entry time(in SCC3) has also not changed for the past 4 hrs.

Checked in SM37 the job is running. From the job details got Process ID and checked in sm50. It is showing status as running.

In Detailed display the number of insert,update or deleted entries increases for every 1 min in frequency of 1.

I am very new to BASIS. Please while providing any explain in an easy manner with detailed steps so that i can understand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Long back when I did a client deletion I truncated the tables that are ONLY used by the client to deleted. (except the cluster tables).

Collected the statistics.

Made use of the parallelism when scheduling client deletion.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can take a look in my document, there you can find some hints:

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Only 9892 tables, so you're on a pure Netweaver system like an XI (XI already has 11.232 client dependent tables).

It is strange it took 2 hours to delete that client... you system must be stuck (if Oracle maybe an archiver full error).

You can use report RSSPACECHECK in SA38 to check the client size.

What is your DBMS system, Oracle MsSql... ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have swithced off the archive logs. So it cannot be full. I have checked it.

We are using oracle DB. Checked the client size . It is 210 GB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For 210 GB it's going to take many hours.  Be patient...

Regards,

Graham