cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic Billing credits and discounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am configuring contracts for a Rental charges. The team want to be appy to offers such as "free periods". The contracts biling is periodic annual in advance so for instance they may offer a first 3 months free deal or on other occassions reduce/increase the rental price on a ad-hoc basis. I am stuggling to find a solution to enable this. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

Jen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Similar question, although not marked as answered:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3335965

I would guess that some kind of solution should exist as it's not a very unusual scenario. This could also apply to subscriptions, e.g. a discount for missing issue.

From the top of my head I can only think of entering each month as a separate item (with the corresponding billing date) instead of using periodic billing. It's a workaround, but probably won't be received well if there is large volume of transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeni,

as far as I know, it is not possible this flexibility in prices for periodic billing. Sistem will determine a price that's copied to all installments,. You can't change price by installment individually. 

Instead, you could think on creating as many line items as billing dates in your contract, each one with it's billing date. Per line item system would determine a price and you could apply discounts or surcharges as required.

Regards,

JM

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe this could achieve the requirement, just ideas:

example: condition ZPR0

Access sequence:

001: Dummy table that would meet all the cases in this scenario

002: real condition table to be used

now create a requirement let's say XXX checking for today's date 3 month larger than contract date
and assign it to 001

Then create condition records with 0 value for table 001, regular condition records for 002.

in such case, when doing condition determination system always find record 0 with 001, if the 3 month limit is met. afterwards it will fail the requirement and skip this record thus hit the true price.