Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS Import Queue shows wrong status icon

antonio_steinhuser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Environment: SAP ECC 6.0 / Windows/ Oracle

We have the following problem.... We did changed our usr/sap/trans to an other Host and filesystem

Now we have the symptom,

In the import queue of our produktion system we see all of the transports but the status icon on the right side shows the wrong icon (Request waiting to be imported) ---> this is wrong,  because all Transports wasimported before. Also on the left side there is the icon for "Data file must be transferred".

see my attached picture

Any idea how we can solve this symptom?

Gruß

Toni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

antonio_steinhuser
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes,

with all the new transports after the change of the directory, we do not have this problem/symptom.

Gruß

Toni

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So new transports are inserted in queue without that icon ?

If queue consistency is ok I don't understand why some transport get that icon.

It appears when the data and cofiles are not available, so SAP thinks the can be recovered through copy from an other transport dir.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So if the files (data / cofiles) for 'old' transport are present the might be right/ownership problem ?

You can also fix this by clicking on the green double arrow, it is supposed to copy these files...that are already there, but it might also help SAP to understand the files are not missing...

Maybe it is just a stupid flag that was set at a time where the shared transdir was not available

Let me check this...

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, got it, I've checked on a system with a distributed transdir.

The flag is coming from field NODATAFLG (tp No Data Flag) of table TMSBUFREQ (TMS Manager: Transport Requests in Transport Buffer)

If set to 'X' you got the icon and the transport order cofiles/data are supposed being missing from transdir.

The bad point is that I was not able to identify a report/call function that can update this flag.

There must be something for that in function TMS_MGR_READ_TRANSPORT_QUEUE but I do not have enough time to search.

You can still update that field at DB level or through SE16 (if still available in your version)

Regards

antonio_steinhuser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

all (ALL) of the checks are green.

Gruß

Toni

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is really strange.

Have you tried creating a dummy transport (like a role) in DEV and releasing it.

You can check the release log.

Check also the TMS alert

regards

antonio_steinhuser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, thats not the problem.

All of the parameters are set to the new directory!

I can see the transportlogs and also the Objectlist of the transports!

But the ICON Status in the Queue is wrong...........

Gruß

Toni

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I cannot believe that the icon did appear by mistake.

Can you please check the status of that system as show here under, it will for instance verify access right on the shared transport dir.

Check also queue consistency in STMS_IMPORT transaction

Regards

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This  icon does appear when you are not using a shared transport directory.

In that configuration when a transport (after import or release) should be added to the import queue of the next system, the buffer queue is update at SAP level through RFC but there is a manual step that must be performed to synchronize (transfer to local transport directory) data and cofiles.

Shared transport dir is defined in two places

=> STMS profile parameter TRANSDIR

=> instance profile parameter SAPTRANSHOST that is used through substitution to setup DIR_TRANS

SAPTRANSHOST could be set automatically if defined as DNS alias.

Your usr/sap/trans directory, if shared, must be mounted on every SAP system of your TMS transport landscape.

Regard

62739 - Configuring a central transport host