Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message archiving in PI 731 single stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

we have installed PI731 single stack.
We want to configure archiving for xml messages.
we have parameters in NWA to configure retention period for inbound and outbound messages.
Our requirement is to keep some interfaces data in database for more time than all other interfaces in the system.

Is it possible to define different retention periods for specific interfaces,if it is possible ,steps required to configure this in java stack.

Request your help in this regard.

Regards,
Prasanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth - Haven't really tried but good question!!.

Just a thought-

Have a look at the below blog.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/11/16/aae-archiving-in-sap-pi-711-with-...

and during step 5 while creating the archive job maintain rules where you can select interfaces.(i see that we can select the interfaces while defining the job) and change the frequeny as per your requirements.

Not sure whether this works as it again the retension period depends on the NWA settings..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasanth,

Unfortunately, as for now (SP10 for PI 7.31), in Adapter Engine, there is no standard functionality that would provide capabilities for configuration of interface-specific archiving/deletion actions (e.g. archive messages for some interfaces and delete them for others) and interface-specific retention periods (different retention periods for messages processed via different interfaces).

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think retention period defined in NWA is gng to remain same for all the interfaces, so i don't think it's possible - but having said so may be u can wait for others to reply

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Best solution would be to archive everything and setup configuration to retrieve archived messages - i guess which u need for monitoring purpose.

@Hareesh,

AFAIK, changing frequency in jobs won't help him...but obviously he can test

Thanks

Amit Srivastava