Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate records into table based on tvarvc table

santhosh_nagavalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have one webdynpro table .and i have created one record in TVARVC table and specified low value as 5

according to that low value i.e 5 records of  data has to be populated into webdynpro table  i.e five records have to be populated

to the table  even if table contains 10 records .if any one knows the solution please let me know thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards

Santhosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harsh_Bansal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Going by your example, If you want only 5 entries to be displayed and others entries not even available after scrolling down and all, then you will need to read the tvarvc low value and delete values from internal table whose index is greater than the tvarvc value. This is to be done before binding the table for display.

But if you want that 5 entries are to be visible at one time and rest user should be able to see by scrolling down, then in that case, the VisibleRowCount property of the Table is to be bound with a context attribute and that attribute should have the value read from tvarvc.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

Harsh Bansal

santhosh_nagavalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsg,

Thanks a Lot,its working  your answer helped me lot.

Thanks & Regards

Santhosh

Harsh_Bansal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Happy to help.

Please close the thread and mark it as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

please mark answer which is helpful and answer which is correct and close the thread.

Regards,

Ravikiran.K

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Do you want to display only 5 records or all the records at a time.

can you elaborate your qurey.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

santhosh_nagavalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Thanks for quick response ,my req is

Iam created one record in tvarvc  where sign value is n ( in my case 5)

in webdynpro ,table should be displayed no of records according to  sign value of tvarvc record 

i.e 5 record ,hope u got my requirement

Regards

Santhosh

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

You mean, if your sign value is 5, table should display 5 records. if it is 20 records, then table should display 20 records.

Am i right?

if it is the case. Table has a property : visible row count. create an attribute and just bind to the table property.

Thanks & Regards,
Sankar Gelivi

santhosh_nagavalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Thanks for quick response,no of records should be displayed according to low value of tvarvc table ,now it is working .

Thanks & Regards

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

First Read low value from TVARVC table using select query. You will get the value of LOW ( say 5). Now go to your table and Delete all records where index is higher than 5.

Suppose ,lv_value contains low value from TVARVC table.

Delete lt_table where index GT lv_value.

Now table will contain only 5 records,so display in table.

Regards,

Ravikiran.K

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Even if you have created the table in Web Dynpro View in your context you have to define the cardinality & selection of the structure which acts as a table

Best Regards

Priyesh Shah

santhosh_nagavalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyesh,

Thanks for quick response ,my req is  in webdynpro context there are 10 records but

i have to display only five records in table which should be change dynamically  by reffering to tvarvc table ,suppose im created one record in tvarvc whose low value is 5 or n

so according to tvarvc table low value , records should be displayed in  table,let me know if u know solution thanks in advance

Regards

santhosh