cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP3.0 server library undeployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we all know SMP3.0 server allows to deploy OSGi libraries in runtime without the need to restart the server instance but can the deployed library be undeployed without restart as well?

I tried removing the jar file form the C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\pickup folder but it does not get removed from the C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\work\org.eclipse.virgo.nano.deployer\staging as expected.

Any ideas except for stopping the server and deleting the file manually?

Many thanks,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Generally when we deploy any jar file as mentioned in the path C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\pickup , we can see its status whether it has been deployed successfully or not (under this path C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\pickup\.state)

When you removed the deployed jar file in PICKUP folder, did you also delete respective OK FILE in state folder?

I remember 2 weeks ago, i did the same,first i removed the file from PICKUP folder and then delete respective OK TYPE FILE from state folder manually and redeployed the same jar file and it worked. (but i didnt check whether jar file was present in this pathC:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\work\org.eclipse.virgo.nano.deployer\stagigng)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply Jitendra but removing the state file has no effect I am afraid.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yup..you are right.. i just tried the same.. but as you said no luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right about the redeployment Jitendra, it does work fine.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can give us better understanding