Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM37 - Background Job Administration, Restrict users from Deleting own Background Jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement that we want to restrict the end users from deleting their own jobs in SM37 t-code.

I am able to restrict users from deleting other users jobs.

Is there a way we can restrict users from deleting their own jobs ?

Please help.

Thanks,

Ravi.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Try to restrict that user. In authorization object S_BTCH_JOB, don't select the option value "delete background jobs". So that we won't have access to delete the job.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I have tried unselecting the delete option in S_BTCH_JOB and also S_BTCH_ADM is inactive in the role but still the user is able to delete own jobs, I have also deleted the profile and regenerated it in PFCG but the issue stil persists.

Also, as per the below link, 'delete own jobs' is a standard authorization, does that mean that we cannot restrict it ?

Authorizations for Background Processing (SAP Library - Background Processing)

Can you please advise further ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

yes, no special authorization required to delete, change,create own jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone who can help on this one, can restrict the users from deleting their own jobs in SM37 ?

Thanks,

Ravi.

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Through authorization we can't restrict it but I think there is one way.

You can try this:

Using T-code: SHD0(Transaction and screen variants) you can restrict the delete option in menu path.

How to use this T-code you can check this link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a070bfbb-d34a-2d10-b092-ecbe0b0d4...

or you can just search in google how to use it. I think this will work.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.