cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas - IQS1 problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with tcode IQS1, when I switch to a tab and then use the search help on a field, the flavour that was previously rendered is lost and the screen reverts back to the basic view and then stays this way until I siwtc back to the initial tab. I'm not sure but suspect this is something to do with control ID overwrite logic.

I have attached a video to show the issue. Can anyone help please?

We are using the Silverlight version with the latest support pack applied and our kernel is at 7.21 with patch 201

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Your tabs are probably different from what i see in couple of my systems so its not reproducible when i tried.

Can you please do this.

Goto basic View, and note down all the program name and number after you have clicked on all the tabs.

Select as shown below and either post here or mail me.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

as requested.

0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Thanks that helps.

Goto SPRO->SAP Screen Personas->Maintain Screen Overwrite->and punch in the following entries

(Be careful of the typo)

Save and exit and relaunch personas and try creating a new flavor now.

And let me know if you see the same behavior again.

IF yes, then I would highly recommend to create a message with us.

Best Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shushant,

I had the same problem and followed the steps you described.

The problem stopped happening but my flavor design got reset - it looks like the basic view screen now.

Is there a way for me to do this without having to redesign my flavor from scratch? I have a lot in there to duplicate manually.

I still have the flavor as it should be in QA (I only implemented this config in Dev so far).

Thanks for any tips you may have on this.

Regards,

Gabriela

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

Screen and control id rules are used at the time of creation of flavor. So any change (adding or deleting) rule will make the flavor changes vanish. Currently recreating the flavor is the only option, but we will be posting a tool (which will work with Personas 2.0 SP03 which will be released soon) to help you avoid recreating flavor.

Regards

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Chinthan. At least now I know for sure that's the only option for the moment (within Personas 2.0). 

Any chance this new tool will be posted anytime very soon?

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should be available by end of this month. If you need the flavors before that, you can export and mail me your flavors (along with screen and control id overwrite entries) and mail it to me. I will be happy to do some testing with your flavors and mail you the new flavors. But you need to use some workaround to import the flavor back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, thank you so much for the offer - I will reach out if I really need to! Mostly because our flavor is based on a highly customized QM01 screen... so it would not be that easy to be replicated, I think.

I will for now recreate the flavor (with the screen overwrite entries configured) because after some tests I can see it should solve all my current issues.

(Can't wait for Personas 3)

Thanks!