cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on QGM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Currently we are using QGM  for managing our Transports as we are in the Implementation project.

I created a project and Generated a Change Request  followed by a Transport request, In the similar way we did generated different Change Requests for different Teams in the project, for EX:Generated Change request for FI Team and MM Team.

As we are in the initial phase of the project - Realization phase. we are using Transport of Copies Via QGM for moving Transport between different  clients in DEV system.

once we moved on to Testing phase -All the Transported will be moved to QAS system with QGM. That means the status of the project will be in Testing phase,Is there a way in QGM that we can Generate a Transport in DEV to fix some bugs that was raised in QAS.(as this project status in Testing)

If there is no possibility  in QGM for Generating Transport request in DEV which Belongs to the same Project, what would be the right approach for this,i mean like other functionality that we can use  in Solution Manager to Generate a Transport Request to fix the Bug that was raised in QAS by QGM Project which is in  Testing Phase.

Kind Regards,

Phaneendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response Jagadish

I did followed the same blog to configure QGM.But by concern was not addressed any where in the blog.

Let me put it in another way, in ChaRM there is way that you can  revert the  Change Request  Status from Quality Testing to Development, and it allows you generate a Transport Request, means we can use the same  Change request to generate a another transport request to fix some thing in QAS. I just need to know, is there a similar way that we can revert the Change Request in QGM.

Kind Regards,

Phaneendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phaneendra,

I never configured QGM but I read the below information .. There should be some option to create new TRs and import.

1. In the Test phase, projects, or changes to projects, are imported and activated in the test systems. The test team must approve the previously defined test cases (for example, integration and user acceptance testing). If there are errors in the test cases, you must make the necessary corrections in the development system(s). You then assign the changes to new transports which are imported to the test system.The Test phase begins at the Q-Gate Build to Test.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish

lets tal about the last 2 line of  from your reply ," assign the changes to new transports which are imported to the test system"

how to generate a new Transport ? my question was can we generate this new transport through QGM under the same project, where the project status is  already in TEST Phase.

Kind Regards,

Phaneendra K

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the Q  Gate Build to Test is open, then for existing Change Request, you can create additional Transport Requests and import these transport requests to QAS system to fix the errors.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Let me test that and get back you,

Thanks a lot for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Vivek

Thanks for the Clarification,

I was under the Impression that system doesn't allow  to create a Transport request when we close the Q-Gate:Scope to Build.

I tested , It is allowing me to crate  New Transport Request and New Change Request as well.

Thanks Once again.

Regards,

Phaneendra

Answers (0)