Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Transaction in menu tab, but trx can not be seen under S_TCODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have one issue about transaction. I have added transaction(VD02) in menu tab in role. But, user who has this role can not run t-code. When I checked role, I saw that transaction does not exist under S_TCODE object in role.

Could you please help me what the reason of this issue is?

Thanks too much.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

after adding the transaction under menu, I hope you have re-generated the authorization profile (under authorization tab --> change mode)

0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Yes, I have re-generated profile. Also, I created new role and got same error. But, other t-codes and roles do not have any problem.

0 Kudos

ah! the t-code VD02 does not check for S_TCODE authorization object. You can check what are the authorization objects are checked for transaction from SU24.

0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

When user run VD02, system go user's access and  check if VD02 is existed in S_TCODE object or not. User can not run VD02, when running su53 we got S_TCODE with VD02 value.

When I checked role, the t-code is in Menu tab but not in S_TCODE in role.

This is my problem.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

I have added the t-code VD02 in a dummy role and it is getting added in S_TCODE.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The other system I can add. But, in one customer system I had problem. I want to know reason of that.

0 Kudos

compare se24 for the VD02 transaction in both systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

For VD02: the check indicator for S_TCODE is set as YEs by default but proposoal would have been set as NO.

Kindly check the proposal.

You can get the detailed infor on by navigating SU24

Thanks,

Ameet