cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Quick test Pro - what is the technical effort behind the scenes ?

0 Kudos

We are a enterprise support customer and I would like to look into the HP quick test pro with sap solution manager as an automated way of testing.

As a enterprise customer we are entitled to two free licences.

I would like to know how much effort is needed from other resources (Basis)  to get the tool going (meaning just the technical side of it).  Is it just  a case of Basis to download the software from the marketplace and installing it on my notebook , and I do the rest  or would you say there is more too it?

Hoping you could assist

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carla,

Please check the below blog

SAP AU & NZ - Test Automation with SAP Solution Manager and HP QTP

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/CBTA

CBTA covers end to end test automation with QTP,

For Basis as far as I know the components deployment for the testing is needed. Apart from that I dont think anything is there.. The work of the SOlman conusltant to setup the Test work bench and Test automation will be there.

Go to SMP -> SAP Solman -> ALM -> Change Test Release Management -> Test Management where you can get the config guide..

Thanks,

Jagadish.

0 Kudos

Hi,

From my perspective the answer from Jagadish is not correct. There is no link between CBTA and QTP.

CBTA 3.0 SP2  is a full SAP solution for testing applications via their UI. CBTA supports the following technologies (with some limitations):

- SAP GUI

- Web Dynpro ABAP (with some SAP Notes for enabling the so-called Stable-ids mode)

- ITS / Web Gui (i.e.: SAP GUI Content displayed in a browser window)

- Java Web Dynpro (only recent releases - the ones that are built on top of the Light Speed UI framework)

- CRM Web UI (with some SAP Notes for enabling the so-called Test Mode of the WebCUIF UI Framework)

- Regular Web Applications (i.e.: HTML Content with only a few scripting functions)

- BSP Pages

Please have a look to the Test Management Page to get an overview of the different options available at:

SAP Solution Manager WIKI - Test Management - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Claude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claude,

I know that CBTA and QTP are 2 different test automation tool.. What i meant from my earlier response is you can achieve E2E test automation with these tools. The test automation which you cannot achieve with CBTA you can make use of HP QTP.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Answers (0)