cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wipe out GRC 10 Access Control Configration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured GRC 10 AC in Sandbox system for training and now i want to wipe out entire configuration in one shot, is there any way i can do it ?

or i need to manually remove settings ?

Regards,

Satyajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

do you mean take it right back to original instalL? If so, see if basis can restore from backup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be better to get a new/fresh client to start over.

Restoring with the back-up might not be a good idea as some of the configuration settings would create issues in long run.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

i know system refresh can be done to make system in initial state but is there any other way i can do it without taking help of Basis, any shortcut like direct removing config data from tables ?

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet

If you are restoring back to a version prior to build commencing what is retained? Most basis guys I know take a copy/backup prior to releasing a system for build so they have a baseline to setup other system copies, etc. At the day the configuration is stored in tables and the restore will wipe that?

In this situation, Satyajit has advised it is a sandpit environment so I doubt there has been transports. Admittedly, if connected to ERP or another system there may be other impacts.

What sort of issues do you see that would cause "issues in the long run"?

Cheers

Colleen

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit

Depends on what configuration you have done/mean. I assume you want to wipe out all your config which would then mean master data as well

In some cases you can do BC sets and wipe what you want but you'll probably cause more headaches for yourself then asking Basis to restore for you

If you are doing this regularly, possible get it refreshed. Start again and configure it to a starting point your want your system to run from (e.g installed with certain patch level and some basic config done). Get Basis to take a back up for that so you can revert to that when you want to start again

I think your options are to go through and delete everything OR ask basis

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your inputs. I will check with basis team on refreshing system.

Regards,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Yes, you are right on having the configuration data getting stored in tables at each stage. So, to get the system back to the intial stage, system-refresh/clean-up is considered as an option. Basis takes care of the back-up but again everything can't be restored to the initial stage.

As per my experience, even after getting the system restored, I had faced some deadlocks while transporting the new configuration parameters then decided to get a fresh clients. Not sure, if restore activities were done correctly by basis.

Thanks,

Ameet

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet

I'd talk to your Basis to ask what their strategy was as it sounds like they took a backup when something wasn't 'stable' in the system

Regards

Colleen