Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross database comparison migration strategy

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am configuring Cross Database Comparison in our environment. Can you please let me know what is the strategy to migrate this configuration between environments.

The reason I am asking this question is, as part of the config, we have to mention the package, function group, function name along with the read and trusted RFC's and click on generate. Part of what generation does is it creates the function that is mentioned in the config.

If we import the package,function group and function name from other environment and then try to generate, system would complain and say that the function already exists.

Hence I feel that we would need to configure directly in production.

This would entail opening up the production system.

Can you please confirm if we do not have any other option other than opening up the production system.

Regards,

Ash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh

You can switch to the target system when you setup comparison instance.

So if you generate FM to develop system, and transport it to QA, Production, you only need to switch RFC destination in the comparison instance. No need to switch comparison object'RFC destination.

PS. you cannot move CDC setting between solman. So you have to use same solman for design, object creation, execution. You can only switch target system.

Best Regards

Keiji

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Keiji.

Answers (0)