cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing send ticket/mail to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sap Solution Manager Expert,

Can you guide me about the steps to follow to test whether send mail/message to SAP works as expected?

Primarily, i want to know whether or not SAP is correctly notified when a message/ticket is being sent to them.

Note : I only want to test the above without really disturbing SAP.

Is there a mail that is sent to SAP while performing the above action?

Thanks in anticipation.

Kind Regards,

Yovish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yovish,

first you are not sending any email by that action.

Process is

when you click the action it will create or raise OSS message with SAP and document this no. automatically in the same ticket of yours

so you will see SMIN ticket no. and OSS message no. with STATUS at SAP

for testing purpose you can use component * TST so that SAP is aware that you are testing this and can confirm at their end.

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Can you please provide some indepth details of how to use the component * TST and provide some print screens or guidelines to follow?

Thanks in advance.

Yovish.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

One more thing the screenshot which you have pasted is from solman 7.0 for which maintenance is already over so I am not sure you will get any support even if you set up the configuration.

so kindly go for upgrade.

further, please check below configuration guide for 7.1

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000514762011E.PDF

also regarding the component you can press F4 and can choose that in the SAP Component Field.

In addition, there is a wizard which gives you all the step by step procedure to do the same in the 7.1 version of solution manager as shown below

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please tell me how to execute that wizard since i am not so well versed in Sap Solution Manager?

I mean the steps to follow to reach that screen.

Thanks and kind regards,

Yovish.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yovish,

Once you upgrade to solution manager 7.1 you don't need to enter CRMD_ORDER rather you can use solman_workcenter or sm_CRM transactions

check below link for new features in incident managment of solman 7.1

further inside every incident you have assignment block and here you can see the SAP Collaboration block as per screenshot.

click the send to SAP button will start the wizard and further it is self explanatory and similar way like you do on SAP Marketplace for raising OSS messages

hope this resolves

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (0)