cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TABLE Statistics Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SCN and I need your help, Could you please guide me how to monitor the Table statistics and update it, we are in utility service using Ecc 6.0- Ehp 4 which is connected with SAP CCS, DB oracle 10g 10.2.0.5 kernel 710 sp 223, As per senior technicians table statistics update is not required for utility service industries is it true, please help me how could I monitor and update and at what Interval.

Thank you

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Statistics are critical for performance on an Oracle DB, whatever is the application using it.

Statistics are used by the CBO to find the more efficient access path to data.

I would recommend to run statistics updates every evening through transaction DB13.

It won't have a major impact as far as statistic are updated based on a change threshold, thus it won't compute stats for all table everyday, only the one for tables that did change enough (insert/del/upd).

I'm wondering how an ISU system can behave without up to date statistics.

Watch out, with ISU huge amount of data can change daily it sound strange to not keeping statistics current but this might have been done by design, there are way to tweak statistics (like locking stats)

Ask DBA / BAsis people about some specific rules set in that area for that SAP system.

Regards

1615380 - Mini Checks

31. Last CBO statistics creation

[...]

SAP recommends that you schedule the following command at least once a week:

brconnect ... -f stats -t all