cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas IW31 data entry into Partner & Additional Data tab fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to simplify IW31 transaction through personas in one screen.

My requirement is that user will enter order type, functional location(both are in first screen) & I need be able to capture a)text, b)Partner Data in Partner Tab and c) WBS element in addition data tab.

I have tab cached partner  and additional Data tab& moved WBS element to main area in 2nd screen.

As a first step I am trying to populate WBS element captured in primary screen(in custom text box)  into screen below(attached)& SAP does not paste the copied value(Script errors with "Control Not Found") .

So :

1. 1) I Recorded data entry in to WBS element(recording attached) & re ran the transaction from main screen . But it fails with “control not found message”, goes to the 2nd screen, WBS is not populated. So I am not sure how

Copy(from Ist screen)  & paste (in to this screen will work).

2) I was unable to find a custom control for table control. Are there any work arounds?

3)If I were to copy the Partner Data entered by User ,through copy table / Paste table is there anything I need to do special since its inside Partner Tab?. Thanks

FYI: We manually added the control overwrite entry (as mentioned in Note 1869640) . The Note is being reworked by SAP now, but we were asked to manually enter this to make tab caching work.

Program : SAPLCOIH & Screen 3000

New Control Id : ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/MainTabContainer

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a Lot.

Randy Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For #1, do you have a Refresh Screen action before pasting the value from the previous screen?

When the screen changes, you always need a refresh so that paste works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did. But that does not seem to help. Thanks

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is the WBS element defined as a required field?

If it is, just another idea... try to insert a 'Press Enter' step right before pasting the value. Just today I had a scenario when I also faced this 'control not found' error after navigating to a screen where I wanted to populate a required field. Since I was certain the control (i.e. the field) name is correct, I was stumped why this doesn't work, but adding the Press Enter step fixed it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to include refresh screen after pretty much every select (~10+) . Then it works.

0 Kudos

Hi Radhamani,

I had a look into your script but could not reply earlier.

Can you tell me why are you having so many selects in your script?

And are you using tab caching too?

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Yes.  I am using tab caching & this is recorded script.

I Tried Removing  some of the selects, but script fails  "with control not found".

I Know that many refreshes will impact performance. Any suggestions? Thanks

Answers (0)