cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see BEx Key Figures in my Webi Query as (Measures)

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to develop a Web Intelligence Query using BEx query as a source using BICS connection, The BEx query as a source is quite complex in terms of its calculations, formulas, CKF variables RKF and Cells etc.

My problem is that when i pull this BEx query into Business Objects Webi query designer, I can see all the BEx Characteristics as Dimension in the webi but I don't see any Key Fig as measures in the query designer, This is really weird and I have never come across of this kind of situation before.

I can see Measure (folder) and if I open it I can see Measure Formatted values underneath with Type: String (see attachment) but there is no KF CKF RKF in it.

Note that as I mentioned above there are quite a number of CKF RKF Formulas Variables and Cells in the BEx query but I don't see anything except Characteristics/Dimension

The structure of BEx Query is designed as follows.

All CELLS created are in columns area (anything in the column area is not shown in the webi query) IS THIS THE PROBLEM ?

All Regular KF are in Rows and are shown in the webi under dimension called ROW (there is no dimension in the rows)

All Characteristics are dragged & used in the Free Characteristics and Filters area accordingly as required.

Will really appreciate your help if you advise what went wrong, either it is BICS connection error or could it be BEx query structure issue.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

I assume the BEx query has two structures ?

If so then you won't see each calculated key figure or restricted key figure, you will see the charactersitics structure and a key figure structure.

Post a screenshot from the BEx query designer here.

In addition keep in mind that Web Intelligence will always struggle with BEx queries with two structures and even more when there are cell editor definitions

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for your reply, Yes you just hit the nail.

I apologize for the confusion above, Yes The BEx query has Cell defination, In this case what is the best suggestion and how do I use that BEx query to be use for my webi report.

Plz see the screenshot of the BEx

Thanks

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

you might want to look at Analysis Office or Analysis OLAP or Design Studio.

Web Intelligence is relational product and will always struggle with those kind of scenarios.

In case you are "mixing" different data types - for example percentages and numbers - in a single column of your structure, Web Intelligence will return the data as strings and not as numbers.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried to create a webi cross tab with Row dimension in the Row and Column dimension in the column.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tanisha_gupta20
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi There (SAP IAB),

How did you manage to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Tanisha

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

I removed all the cell, and rebuilt the entire query from scratch to meet my needs.

Based on my experience, structures can be used as long as there is only one structure but cell cant. (Unless someone lese has a better idea which I dont know)

Thanks

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

structures are supported with Web Intelligence and cell editor calculations are also supported in Web Intelligence under the condition that you do not mix data types.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any Exceptions or  conditions applied on that Key figures?.

Thanks,

Jothi

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

No Jothi,

There is no excep and condition in the Bex, plz see the screenshot above, thanks

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

I checked the KF properties and it is not hidden but on "Always Show"  option.

Yes All the CH are in free Chracteristc area.

I forgot to mentioned above that in my column area all i have is Cell defination and I am not sure how do i bring those into my webi query. I think this is the reason I am not able to see any KF in the bobj query ?

Please advise

Thanks

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran ,

Webi has limitation in supporting Cell editor and structures.

Note : Crystal Reports for Enterprise, Web Intelligence, and SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards to support BEx queries with two structures and cell definitions created with the cell editor but in cases where the cell definition combines different data types, the resulting output in these BI clients will be a string value instead of a numeric value.

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

What is the best approach we should handle this issue, now since you know this is because of cell definition in the BEx query, Is there any way I can handle this in webi.

I posted the BEx query screenshot below.

Will appreciate your advice, thanks

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran ,

Try to pull the BEx logic into Webi.In this you can have better analysis .Webi can handle all the logic you wanted in report.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Imran, Sathish,

you can not put the logic into Web Intelligence.

Queries of that nature are much more suited for the Analysis products

Ingo

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for your reply,

As you can see from the screenshot, all the cell definition are in the column area and in the webi report it is showing as dimension and underneath that Column dimension there is Column Key, Column Long Text and Column Text but I cant get to see the numeric values of these columns which is basically my cell definition.

Also at the same time you can see some caluculations are dragged in the Row area and it is showing as Row dimension in the webi report with Row Key, Row Long text and Row Text but I cant get to see the numeric values of these rows.

I am not sure what else I need to do to make make sure I can get cell definition or my measures into the webi report as I dont have an option to use another tool/product such as Analysis Office or Analysis OLAP or Design Studio.

Do you think I need to change the structure of the BEx query altogether to make sure it fits with Webi ?

Will appreciate your help, thanks

Regards

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

as mentioned already, in case you are mixing data types - for example number and percentages, then Web Intelligence will treat the data as a string.

Queries of such nature should be used with Analysis Office, Analysis OLAP, or Design Studio.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Do you know this error, I am getting this error while running the webi query. Not sure if this is because of the cell definition in the BEx query

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you have used a structure in BEx. In this case, you will have a single measure object in webi and the key-figure names will come as a dimension object. You need to use that dimension along with the measure object to split the single measure to multiple key figures.

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

I have Cell defination in my BEx query in Column, if this is the issue then how would I go about and bring it in my Web Intelligence query designer.

Thanks