cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP Supplier Names linked to MA Records not updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should ERP Vendor Master Changes update the Primary Supplier name in MA records linked to contacts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harriet,

What changes to the vendor master are you expecting to be reflected on the Master agreements.?.

When the master agreement is published to ERP it is just the vendor ID that is propogated. The Outline agreement in ERP will be reflecting the latest vendor record in that case..

Can you kindly elaborate with an example..

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad, but our issue is going the opposite way - changes from ERP to ESourcing, specifically the vendor name changes are not reflected in the Supplier Name for any of the MA Agreement records, only in the Supplier record in Esourcing.

When someone queries for an agreement by Supplier Name, records are not showing up if there has been an update from ERP, i.e., Old Name was BOND-COAT INC, new name is BOND COAT INC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harriet, Which version of SAP sourcing are you using ?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harriet, This is a known problem and the team is looking at resolving this. In the meantime what you can do is to edit the supplier - add a different supplier - save - edit again and reset it to the correct supplier at which time it will pick up the correct name.

We will hopefully have a solution soon for this ..

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reported this as an incident and discovered there was an SAP Note written in October providing a script to update this information should the business require this. SAP does not recommend it for performance reasons. SAP Note 1069464 - Changing the name of Master Data not updating documents. It's my understanding that this is not considered a bug and will not be changed in upcoming versions.

Thanks

Harriet