cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: possible values (dropdown value list)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What solutions are you using to provide dropdown value lists to key/value attributes?

Example: when creating data, for example a customer in ERP, there are a couple of fields that have possible values like payment terms (ZTERM). There are multiple values available to choose off. But how to embed the possible values in a gateway service?

Is enumeration the way to go? Is it possible to create a custom enumeration? Is it possible to filter the enumeration values in runtime?

Or do I have to provide a separate entityset for each valuelist?

Please share your (basic) solutions!

Regards, Toine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Toine,

I had answered it before. Check it here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will check this searchhelp solution (we have SP08).

For some fields (like ZTERM) no elementary searchhelp is available.

It is also easy to create a custom entity to read all possible values, but still there is no association on attribute level that the new entity is a data provider for that particular field. I'm wondering if this relationship can be set as well. We don't want to develop logic in the frontend that the possible values have to be read from another (stand-alone ) entity.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create an Association and Referential constraint. At your application level, check for existence of a referential constraint by reading the metadata and then read the related help entity.

Other option would be to add some kind of custom annotation to the filed to indicate the search help entity name as the annotation value.

Krishna