cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

I want to set up my DP so that users can see 3 months of historic buckets when they open the Planning Book/Dataview.  I have 5 years of data in DP (3 years of history and 2 years of forecast).  They can scroll in either direction to see all the historic and future data; however, the DV opens up with first visible month being the current month.  They would like to open it up with the first month they see (without scrolling) being the current month minus 3.  Today, they see the first bucket as the current month and then they are constantly scrolling back to see the last quarter of historic months each time they load a selection.  I do not want these historic months to be changable and I want it to roll appropriately when the month rolls.

I went into "Define A Planning Book" (/sapapo/sdp8b) and on the Dataview screen, I see some choices, but none for this.

Any ideas?

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

That's very good question.  I suggest you to explore options which are highlighted in below screenshot. I know SAP Help mentioned about limitation of rolling planning horizon.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello....Yes, I saw this and was surprised that it looked like it couldn't be an option.  Since I have often been given an answer that this is not possible by SAP and then the SAP  Service Marketplace provides me a solution, I thought I would reach out and see if anyone else has ever gotten this request or set it up this way.

Thanks for the quick response.  Maybe someone out there has done this.  Seems like a legitimate buisness request.

Andrea

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

I haven't faced this issue before, but here is a probable solution.

Change the Time Bucket profile (past) to last quarter (3 months) and have a macro to restrict input in the past.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

JB

Answers (0)