cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMART Work Manager For Maximo 7.5.2 - Android

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.  We are currently upgrading to this version of SMART Work Manager and are interested in using it with our existing Android smart phones and tables.  After reviewing the documentation I had a few additional questions and was hoping to get feedback from others that are familiar with this product mix.

1.  What is the latest version of Android that this product supports?  Most of our devices are using 4.x which I'm assuming is compatible, but wanted to make sure. The documentation lists 2.3.3 and above.

2.  Are there any limitations with this version on Android using embedded or external scanners?

3.  We are currently using Agentry 6.0.22.  I'm assuming this is compatible but wanted to see if anyone has tried these versions together.

Thanks,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Pete,

1. Android 4.x is definitely compatable with the Andorid client

2. Scanning on Android is currently camera based.  Meaning when you invoke the scanner it displays the camera to "convert" the barcode image into a scan value for handling within Agentry as if it were a laser barcode scan.  If you are scanning multiple items the performance is not a fast as a laser scanner.

3. Work Manager for Maximo 7.5.2 is based on Agentry 6.0.22.0 but you will want to upgrade to the latest Agentry 6.0 available to get the most current Android client and fixes.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great info.  Thanks Bill!

Answers (0)