Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with procedure debugger in rev 68

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am having a few recurring issues that are driving me to the brink of insanity.  I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced these issues in 68 and if they have been fixed in 70?

1) My RUN/STEP INTO and RUN/STEP OVER options are not available and so I have to put breakpoints on every single line of code that I want to step through making it very cumbersome.

2) My variables inconsistently and randomly disappear throughout the debugging session.  ie: As I'm stepping through my code (or in my case painfully going to the next breakpoint one line at a time) sometimes the entire variables screen goes blank.  But the code is still executing.  Sometimes it will be invisible for one line, sometimes several lines then magically re-appear.

Perhaps another case for upgrading to 70.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I also faced the same issue with not having facility of debugging the stored procedure line by line. Even in revision 70 also we have this issue. I upgraded from rev 68 to 70.

The only thing which I seen the difference in rev 70 is we can right click on the stored procedure and we can select "Open with stored procedure viewer", The workaround is we need to set breakpoint on every single line of the code, Also sometimes, i faced the issue of debugging was completed, i was not able to see the output of the stored procedure.

Hoping that SAP will come up with step by step debugging facility in next release.

Regards,
Yogesh

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh,

I'm surprised more people have not responded with the same issue.  I'm glad it's not just myself as it gives me hope that it will be fixed someday.  That's too bad it's not addressed in 70 yet as it really slows development down and is a nuisance.  I'm hoping maybe Thomas will chime in here too and let us know if he has seen these issues.

-Patrick

Answers (0)