Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Enterprise portal & GRC integration for portal role assignment

JCardoza
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have implemented GRC 10 AC & creating users in R/3 system through it.

I have a requirement -

When we create user in R/3 system with GRC, the same user should be created in SAP Portal 7.0 as well.

Also portal role assignment to the same user should be done through GRC only. Is it possible?

I have came to know about Access Request Management (ARM) capability of SAP Access Control 10.0 to provision users and assign roles to the

SAP  NetWeaver Portal.

How to acheive above described requirement through ARM for portal 7.0 & 7.3?

Regards,

Joy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyer

It is possible ,you need to deploy GRC Portal content on the Portal server and then follow installation guide to integrate GRC with EP by creating all the required connectors.

Once done you need to configure EP connector like any other connectors for all the actions like ECC.

Also you need to upload Portal Roles/Group  definition in GRC system.So when you try to create request your Portal system should also come in the dropdown for provisioning action.

Other way which we did is by creating dummy business roles and map this business role with all technical roles from all the system in the landscape which user should have like 2 roles from ECC,1 Role from CRM and 2 Portal Roles/Groups from and once that business role is assigned to the user the whole package of technical roles will be added to the user provided Portal Connector is available for Provisioning.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyer,

If your issue is resolved.Please mark this post as closed.

Regards

Pradeep

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sandeep_devaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Joy,

Please go through the below thread this is of similar issue and i think UMA has got the solution .

Regards

Sandeep Devaki

0 Kudos

Joy,

If your ECC system isn't the User data source of your portal system, you can look at GRC Role Mapping feature.

Here you can map R/3 roles to corresponding Portal roles/groups which should be assigned to user. So whenever there is request for new R/3 users with specific roles, it would automatically contain Portal roles which should be assigned to the user.

Regards,

Amol

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes its possible,

we have dummy abap role and i have mapped it. it assigns roles and provision happens.

Regards,

Prasant

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Joy

Have you considered making the Portal UME based on ECC?  In doing this the ECC SAP Role becomes a portal group that you can then assign portal role to.

It means they user always receives their associated portal roles based on their ECC access. In addition, they user loses their Portal access when they lose their ECC. I find this helpful as Portal roles do not have expiration dates.

Alternatively, in GRC you could map related roles in the BRM definition so the user chooses their ECC and gets the mapped portal?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen for this . Do we need to make ECC System as Data Source if we make Portal UME based on ECC ???

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

If ECC is the Portal UME then you technically do not provision direct to Portal. You assign the roles to ECC and they automatically appear as assigned as a portal group. You then need to map your portal groups (ECC roles) to the portal roles

Every ECC user is a Portal User. However, their access to Portal depends on the ECC to Portal role mappings as part of portal role build.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen.