cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning without final assembly in SNP/PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am working on a scenario with planning without final assembly (Req. strategy 30 in APO), During this, i am facing few issues.

Scenario:  I have created a product XXX at plant ZZ with the below data setup:

1. Strategy group 30 is maintained in location product for finish goods. ( Dont know what should be maintined for components, kept blank)

2. PIR segment for requirement strategy 30 is maintained as 1. ( Without final assembly, with individual requirement).

issue:

1. Forecast is released from DP to SNP with categoy FA, Now forecast is apeared in product view with planning without final assembly, but not visible in planning book.( Not even any  of the standard planning book).  To check if everything is fine, i change the requirement str. to 20 in product and release the forecast with category FA, now iforecast is visible in planning books.

2. Which all planning engines in SNP and which heuristic in PPDS, plan for planning without final assembly.

3. I am running CTM with this master data setup. Demand is read by the system but there is no plan order created. ( To check again, i ran the CTM for the  same product-location by changing the requirement group to 20. and system is creating plan order against demand).

Plan order shoud created with req group 30 for finish goods(which is convertible only after sales oder comes) and SFG will be planned.

I think , there is some setting is missing by me due to which, system is not hounring req. group 30.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards

Kishor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

thanks for your input, i got to know this from other sources.

yes, i am using bucket planning in CTM and that is the reason it was not working. PPDS was working fine.

Now everything is fine and i have already done my scenario successfully.

Regards

Kishor

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

I have recently worked on similar scenario. So, I will try to answer your questions one by one. Hope it helps you.

Issue # 1. Forecast is released from DP to SNP with categoy FA, Now forecast is apeared in product view with planning without final assembly, but not visible in planning book.( Not even any  of the standard planning book).  To check if everything is fine, i change the requirement str. to 20 in product and release the forecast with category FA, now iforecast is visible in planning books.

This is the standard behabiour of system. As SNP Planning book runs of Make to stock segment. You won't be able to see any forecast which are in Planning w/o Final Assly segment.

For this to see in your SNP Planning book, you will have to use a custome KF with KFF 2006 and 2008 for supplies and demands in Planning without Fianal Assly segment.

There is a BAdi, /SAPAPO/SDP_INTERACT> GET_KEYF_SPECIALS and set parameter CV_KEYF_SWITCH to 3.

This will help you to see demands and supplies in Planning without final assly segment in SNP Planninng book.

#2. Which all planning engines in SNP and which heuristic in PPDS, plan for planning without final assembly.

In SNP, Heuristics/Optimizer supports 10 and 20. CTM supports 10,20, 30, and 40.

#3. I am running CTM with this master data setup. Demand is read by the system but there is no plan order created. ( To check again, i ran the CTM for the  same product-location by changing the requirement group to 20. and system is creating plan order against demand).

CTM will not read the demands from planning without final assly segment unless you implement solution for #1. I am presuming you are using Bucket Planning in CTM profile.

If you want to go for Continuous Planning, CTM will read those demands, because it will run in PPDS mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

I tried with assembly planning check in Demand tab of product master, but still its not working.

@saurabh,

I believe, you have not read my query.I have described my simple scenario of planning without final assembly.

Is any of the point described in the link really address my issue. I dont think so..

anyway thanks for your valuable input. I am expecting few more input, which will help me to resolve this issue as soon as possible

Thanks & Regards

Kishor.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Are you getting any error log after taking CTM run? I have test in my system it's working fine and as per the strategy I cant set the conversion indicator to my PPDS planned order.

Could you please share the screen shots?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor

For the first issue of aparent mismatch between product view and Planning Book, I would suggest to check the following:

1) Run Livecache consitency check through /SAPAPO/OM17

2) Check category assignment for the Forecast key figure in the planning book
3) While releasing forecast from DP to SNP, you can maintain a requirement strategy. What value are you using in that field?

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for the link given by you. It gave more idea on planning without final assembly.

But this document is all about the limitation in terms of forecast consumption and ECC integration, this will come in the later part. I am facing issue in the initial setup, Forecast not visible in Planning book and no output in planning run.

@ Rupesh,

Thanks Rupesh for the reply.

I am using requirement strategy 30 in APO which is SAP standard, for this req. strategy assignment mode is 2 and category group is K01. I have not changed anything on this.

Sub-assembly planning is not checked.

Please help me to resolve this initial setup.

Thanks & Regards

kishor

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

I believe you have not checked the link fully, it also talks about what all options are available for planning without final assembly to work.

When we compare APO’s Planning Without Final Assembly strategy and real business requirements, we will find many functional discrepancies not just the limitation on certain planning engines. Therefore, we have to study the business requirements carefully and propose the right alternatives.

Option 1 – Planning using PPDS

APO PPDS supports planning without final assembly as well as make-to-order segment. If forecasts, sales orders and manufacturing are in same location, PPDS become nature choice using this option. For many companies, forecasts and sales orders are at Distribution Center (DC). In this case, we can use manufacturing at alternate location. However, this may not be feasible for complex supply network. As a variation to this option, the forecasts at DC can be released at manufacturing location (through simple BADI enhancement). SNP will plan for sales orders at DC and PPDS will plan for forecasts, components and assembly manufacturing. The forecast can be consumed by Stock Transfer Orders from manufacturing location to DC.

Option 2 – Planning using CTM

CTM supports planning without final assembly since SCM/APO 4.0. CTM can be run in both PPDS and SNP mode. The planned orders created by CTM/PPDS are fully integrated with SAP ECC. In other words, the “convertible” flag in planned orders are transferred to ECC. CTM can plan for sales orders in both make-to-stock and make-to-order segment. To display the sales orders in SNP planning book, we just need to implement BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_INTERACT as described earlier.

CTM (Capable-To-Match) is originally developed for semi-conductor industry. Over the years, it has been improved and can be used in complex supply network planning. However, many companies have not adopted the advanced planning engine such as CTM or Optimizer. In many projects, we have to find alternatives for SNP Heuristic (i.e. MRP in my opinion).

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Sourabh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

If Sub-assembly planning is not checked then what is the purpose of planning strategy Planning without final assembly?

Please tick mark the Sub-assembly planning and check the same.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

Planing without final assembly ECC strategy 50 and APO strategy 30 has many limitations in APO, which is mentioned below.

Please check below link for details.

http://www.voyagebc.com/planning-strategies-in-apo/

This should clarify your doubts.

Rgds

Sourabh

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor

Below SAP Note has some very good information concerning planning without final assembly in APO.

519070  - Planning without final assembly (documentation)

Hope this will give you some insight.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for you response, but the above note is not able to answer my query.

I hava already checked this note before building the scenario.

For your imformation, i am working on SCM 7.0 EHP2.

Regards

Kishor

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Have you Set the Subassembly Planning indicator in Demand tab?

Also check requirement strategy with assignment mode "2" in the product master. Note SNP disaggregation does not support Planning without final assembly.

Please refer the SAP help document

Examples for Subassembly Planning - Location Product: Settings for CTM - SAP Library

Regards,

R.Brahmankar