cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Server in SMP 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have some query regarding Agentry platform in SMP 2.3 amd SMP 3.0.

1.We have got the Agentry toolkit for SMP 3.0. As per my understanding SMP 3.0
don't have any standalone agentry server. As we are developing a app from
scratch, where should the application defination be published?Installing the
SMP 3.0 Server Overview
describes to install setupAMD64.exe file. But I am
not getting mentioned steps there.

2.How can we get the executables for SMP 3.0 server? Is the publishing mechanism
same for standalone Agentry server (6.x) and SMP server3.0?

3.As the version of Agentry in SMP 3.0 is 7.x, I don't think it is feasible to
use Agentry standalone server from SMP 2.3(Agentry server version 6.x) with Editor,
Clients and ATE from SMP 3.0.

Please
help!!!!

Sourav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sourav,

1. After you install the SMP3 server, you will go into the console and define your application.  When you create the Agentry application under the SMP3 server it will create the directory where you need to publish your definitions into.  Assuming you install to the default directory this location will be C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application but may change in future releases.

2. The publishing mechanism is basically the same as in Agentry 6 (as of right now).  There are plans to modify the process to publish to a zip file which will then be deployed to the SMP3 server.  In terms of the execuatbles for the server Denis is correct.  It is still in ramp up so you will need to get approved for that program to get access.  In SMP 2.3 there is still a standalone Agentry server for development purposes only but in SMP3 it is only available as part of the SMP3 server stack.

3. It is not possible to mix the SMP2.3 and SMP3.0 Agentry components.  You need to match the components (Editor, clients, ATE) to the server version you are using.  This is especially true with SMP3 since the communication protocols are changing from ANGEL to WebSockets.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

and

After lot of discussions we are planning to use SMP 2.3. Thanks for the help.

Sourav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

SMP 3.0 is still in ramp-up, so you can't freely download the SMP 3.0 server and install a developer version. As far as I understood, you need to be one of the approved ramp-up partners or clients.

SMP 2.3 server executable can be downloaded from the marketplace. Also, I think that Agentry server is no longer available as a standalone installation, it's part of the SMP. So, publishing will be to the SMP server.

Regards,

Denis