Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix layout - best way to get columns to line up

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hiya,

I'm using a matrix layout to make a bunch of columns (around 60) appear nicely in a form.

There are going to be three columns in the form 'Total amounts', 'Unit amounts', 'Currency for amounts'.

The problem I'm facing is that the heading for the columns are all appearing next to each other in matrix layout:

I've created a Transparent container, into which I've added a Group container (with Matrixlayout) and this holds all the fields.

The headings are TextView elements with a design of Header1 and the first heading (TOTAL) is Matrixheaddata and the UNIT is Matrixdata.

Does anyone know how I can add a space between them so that the headings appears like this:

(I just added an empty TextView element but I'm sure that's not the correct way of doing this)

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try by changing the colspan property of first element..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Chandra!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a dummy TextView without any text and place it between TOTAL and UNIT.

Sorry, I just read that you already did it.

Regards,

Felipe

Message was edited by: Felipe Simionatto

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not recommended way for this, Still you want to use this way then i will say add "invisible element" rather then adding a dummy text-view...

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

As you seem to be an expert at this kind of thing would you know how I could make the column headings look a bit nicer. Currently I have:

This is because I have a the background design setup as 'border' for both for the input fields, their labels, and the column heading Textviews:

Would you recommend any different settings to make the form a bit prettier before I apply this across all 60 fields.

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to my view everything should be in same color so output looks more professional. ..  

so i will say set the design as "transparent" so whole group/tc will come under same color.

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Your views are exactly what I'm after so thanks for the reply!

I tried Transparent for all the input fields but then it was too difficult to distinguis the columns:

So I kept Header for the column headings but it's still not great...

I know the users will complain it's difficult to see when one column section starts and the other finishes:

Would you recommend adding some kind of seperator between the columns and headings?

If so what element do you think would be nice?

Or do you think each column (Total, Unit, Currency) should be in its own Group container?

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

then you can use following kind of style..

In this i have 3 group and each group have one list box..

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry Chandra are you saying I should use Group containers?

Is that how you got your lovely boxes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah.. using groups..