cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM project - landscape button gives LOGIN rfc in stead of TRUSTED rfc

FransLelieveld
Explorer
0 Kudos

I defined a project in Solution Manager. I included logical components that are Change_relevant.

I then press the System Landscape button on the Systems tab.

The system then uses for most systems the SM_XXXCLNT999_TRUSTED RFC, however, for a couple of systems RFC SM_XXXCLNT999_LOGIN is used. This means I am presented with a login screen and need to specify userid and password.

Can somebody tell me why this login RFC is used and not the trusted RFC?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the trusted RFC is mapped in the SMSY or managed system setup for this system.

Also check in the Trusted RFC in SM59 whether having trusted option or logon option?

Rg,

Karthik

FransLelieveld
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your reply. As far as I can see all is set up correctly.

Landscape looks as follows:

Errors I get are only for 3 systems (when I don't fill in login details) - for the other systems/cleints the trusted RFC is being used I think:

RFC for SM_QBWCLNT160_TRUSTED is working

and has correct details:

The Remote Logon button brings me straight into QBW 160. So still a big mystery to me why this is not happening for the Landscape check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you check if your *LOGIN* RFCs which are showing up here are working fine?

THanks,

Jagadish.

FransLelieveld
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, they work fine. If I enter a valid userid and password the check is executed without a problem. But it should not be using the LOGIN rfc but the TRUSTED rfc as it does for the other systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

In SMSY / LMDB - You can see these RFCs in different categories. Can you change these LOGIN RFCs to trusted and try

RFC Destination for Solution Manager

This destination is used for accessing other systems from Solution Manager.

Two types of RFC destination can be used here:

• Trusted System
    In this case, a user is automatically logged on in the target system under his/her local user ID. The prerequisite here is that the user has a corresponding user ID. The user may only execute the same activities as if he/she had logged on to the target system directly.
      For details on the Trusted System RFC destination, see the documentation on

RFC Destination with Trusted System Connection

• Logon Screen
  • In this case, when the target system is accessed, the user is required to enter a user ID and password. To execute actions in the system, the usual must log on manually.
FransLelieveld
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jagadish,

Thank you for your reply. I know I can change the settings of the LOGIN rfc to make it work like a trusted rfc. But surely that is not the intention.

The ting that surprises me is that certain systems are accessed via the TRUSTED rfc and others via the LOGIN rfc although I am executing the same function (Landscape check). How is that possible and how is it influenced?

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using the same User ID in Solman and Target system? If so please check S _RFC_ACL authorization object for your user.

Regards,

Vivek

FransLelieveld
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, userid is identical on all systems and SAP_SM_S_RFCACL is available as role on all managed systems for the user, profile is generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lelieveld,

check in SMSY -> product system -> SID -> client -> which RFC mapped to "Trusted System RFC" column.

Rg,

Karthik

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls change the RFC for "RFC for SAP Solution Manager" to Trusted in Managed System Config > RFC Destinations

Regards,

Vivek