cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple IDs with the Same email address

Former Member
0 Kudos

I work at multiple customer sites, in each site I might have a different Logon ID/certificate.

However they all share the same email address.

This often means I can't loggon to SDN against the particular User ID given to me by my customer.
So I can't lodge a query against that particular ID. I have to go through my certs trying to find out
which one is associated with my email address, even that does not always work (cookies may have been deleted).

So I've got to go through and reset my password, but which customer/Partner number did I use?

I hade to create a new ID just to log this call

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically, you could create multiple email addresses or aliases.

If your gmail id is windmill, you will get emails sent to addresses windmill+8, windmill+7, etc.

Anything after + is allowed for aliases. I believe similar thing is possible for yahoo accounts.

By looking at alias to which password reset email was sent, you will be able to locate correct account.

Btw, your account can get banned any time as they are linked to same email address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does present a problem for those of us who work for consultancy companies, who will often have multiple S numbers.

I'm often logged into the Service market place using my cert (so I don't have to remember my S number and password), then go and search on SDN or ask a questions to be told.

"Sorry that email is already in use by a different ID"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Modern browsers come with inPrivate or inCognito mode, that lets you open an isolated browser session.

Perhaps you can create a normal P account linked to personal email, and use it in isolated session for SCN community related activity. This way your identity of SCN community will be consolidated. S account will continue to serve your SMP needs in regular browser tabs.

P account name may be difficult to remember, but SCN login field lets you enter email or user name too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which is what I have had to do.

But in an industry such as ours it seems a little bizar.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SCN is actually trying to cut down on accounts sharing the same e-mail address: you have noticed a warning on your bio page about this.