Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW VC simple table read

former_member203185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

as usual I am here to comprehend your technical wisdom   And we may reveal somthing interesting and unexpected

So, there is very simple task that is to read DB table BUT USING VISUAL COMPOSER.

As I could reveal the tool can perform stored procedures where I can define IN/OUT signature and write SQL query.

But the problem is that I have implemented the table in SAP Database. So, I don't have rights to create Stored Procedures on DB layer.

And now I am wondering if there is any another way how to make selection from the table.

Looking forward to receiving your pieces of advise and each of them is highly valuable.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Anton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_moshkovich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Please clarify what do you mean by SAP Database?

Regards,

Mark

former_member203185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry for unclear formulation.

I meant that table has been created on the same RDBMS instance as SAP system installed on.

The table was placed under schema SAPSR3DB. I have only SELECT DML instruction rights granted.

Thank you

Best Regards

mark_moshkovich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I understood MSSQLServer?

The best way is to put the table in the new schema where you have permissions to write stored procedures.

Regards,

Mark

former_member203185
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I deal with Oracle

But another option is DB2

I understand about another schema but SAP methodology says that I have to inplement Dictionary project and then o deploy it.

SAP deployment controller will automatically put the table into the same schema.

By the way,

thank you for suggestion

Sincerely,

Anton

mark_moshkovich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I did checking today, and I was able to create a stored procedure in SAP (j2ee) database.

I think, all what you need is to contact your DB administrator (DBA), and ask for permissions.

Regards,

Mark

former_member203185
Participant
0 Kudos

I see,

It's a piece of cake

I was just wondering if there are any other ways how to resolve the task

Thanks

mark_moshkovich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Sorry, this is only a way.

Regards,

Mark

former_member203185
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for provided clarification.

But interesting thing is consuming of BI datasource. As far as I see any Java BI SDK is used for that.

Is it possible to implement such kind of DataSource for a single table? Can VC work with developed Data Sources? Is there any documentation for that?

Custom data sources are unavailable from VC and that I have checked that.

And here I wonder if there is any configuration to provide ablitiy for VC to consume Custom Data Sources.

I mean data sources that we can see in Application Resources module in NWA.

Thanks

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

It's possible to consume BI or BI JDBC. See here how to define the system in irj (not NWA).

Thanks,

Udi

mark_moshkovich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Visual comoser can't consume Custom Data Sources.

Visual composer can consume data sources defined in NWA destinations or portal system landscape (in case of BI).

Regards,

Mark

Answers (0)